Wondering what these things are for...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GnS

I noticed these in front of each slide out near the top. I saw an older class A at a park that had the same thing in front of the slide outs. They appear to be a clip of some type. I asked the previous owner by sending a picture and he had no idea either. I'm guessing one of you knowledgeable veteran RV'ers can tell me.

Thanks,
-g

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 142
There is usually a lever on the end of the awning that sits in there when the slide is closed. It keeps the slide top from unfurling in the wind while you are driving down the road. Different awning manufacturers use different methods to accomplish the same goal.

May I suggest that you reduce your picture size? It's bigger than my screen, and since I don't even run the browser at full screen, it means I have to use the sliders around the pic top see it all. 800x600 or even 1024 wide would work much better, while still letting us see adequate detail. From comments in the past, I expect there are lots of other folks here with the same situation, and on mobile devices it's worse still.

Thanks...

Larry, just an FYI ... I have the same issue but, if I right-click on the attachment thumbnail and select 'open in new tab' or 'open in new window', the full image is automatically sized to my screen.

Larry N. said:
May I suggest that you reduce your picture size? It's bigger than my screen, and since I don't even run the browser at full screen, it means I have to use the sliders around the pic top see it all. 800x600 or even 1024 wide would work much better, while still letting us see adequate detail. From comments in the past, I expect there are lots of other folks here with the same situation, and on mobile devices it's worse still.

Thanks...

I've not seen this happen on the many forums I participate in except when the image is being hosted on an external web site and being linked to in a post. Every image I have ever posted directly to a forum post is properly sized by the forum software. In most cases, there are limits to dimensions and file sizes in place by the forum software that will not allow the image to upload if it exceeds those limits.

You mentioned mobile devices and the irony is that the image in question was taken with my iPhone and uploaded through my iPad. And I have to scroll around to see it on my 12.9 iPad Pro. It's really difficult to know what dimensions to downsize to when you don't know what resolution others will be viewing it in.

But your suggestion is noted.

Greg
Former ham operator myself.

SargeW said:
There is usually a lever on the end of the awning that sits in there when the slide is closed. It keeps the slide top from unfurling in the wind while you are driving down the road. Different awning manufacturers use different methods to accomplish the same goal.

Thanks, Sarge. Makes sense to me. The other MH I referenced in my original post didn't have such a lever either. Seems a bit odd that the builder would put one there if the slide out awning they are using doesn't require it. But then again, I have seen some other head scratching build decisions already in my short time as an owner.

Tom said:
Larry, just an FYI ... I have the same issue but, if I right-click on the attachment thumbnail and select 'open in new tab' or 'open in new window', the full image is automatically sized to my screen.

That's a good tip, Tom.  Never realized that.

Back
Top Bottom