Landing a Remote Job - Lessons Learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recently went through the long and arduous process of searching for (and landing) a remote job. I'm not a recruiting expert, but this is what I learned from the experience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlZ8a_Yq4uU

Just saw this post, so not sure if it's gone stale.

I have been working remotely from my home for the better part of 4 years. I am a software developer and finding my first remote position happened by accident when a recruiter called me. I worked in that position for over a year and was out of work for 6 1/2 months looking for another remote position. My current position allows me to work from anywhere I have an Internet connection. I turned down a few non-remote positions because I could not stand the thought of working in a soul-crushing office environment again. If you work in technology field, the jobs are out there, but as your video states, you will be competing with people from all over the country, if not world.

Bets of luck to everyone who is searching for this type of position.

I too work a remote job that I fell into by accident.  Same thing, as long as I have internet and a phone, I can work anywhere.  I have worked from Mc Donalds parking lots, rest stops that has had an internet connection, my sister's driveway when my service at home was down and she was not home. 

Back
Top Bottom