Do super springs prevent rear end sagging with a tt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scrapwelder

Anybody running super springs? Watched the install video and talked to the super spring guys and it appears they raise an unloaded F150 about an inch. Do they sag under the additional load of tt on hitch or keep truck level? Running a 2016 F150, 4x4, tow package, 3.73 gears. Have a cap and bed slide installed which weigh 550 lbs. using a WD hitch on a 28' tt with tongue weight of 750 lbs.
May wind up with air bags but like the idea of no maintenance on super springs.

Years ago I used air bags on a 99 GMC 1/2 ton to level it up when my trailer was attached.

I was surprised how smooth the ride was, figured it would make it harsh but just the opposite.

Not much maintenance on them...kept about 20 lb in them when no trailer was attached.

Scrapwelder said:
Anybody running super springs? Watched the install video and talked to the super spring guys and it appears they raise an unloaded F150 about an inch. Do they sag under the additional load of tt on hitch or keep truck level? Running a 2016 F150, 4x4, tow package, 3.73 gears. Have a cap and bed slide installed which weigh 550 lbs. using a WD hitch on a 28' tt with tongue weight of 750 lbs.
May wind up with air bags but like the idea of no maintenance on super springs.
an add a leaf kit from rough country or any lift kit company will do the same thing for a small fraction of the cost of the super springs . I have an add a leaf kit on my 97 f150 once had a 99 f350 diesel ext cab long bed 4wd on a heavy equipment trailer and my truck sat perfectly level even though it was well over its max tow capacity .

Your WD hitch ought to be able to compensate for the tongue weight and eliminate any sag. That's what is for.  Have you tried adjusting it so that the truck levels up again, as it should?  The instructions for the WD hitch will explain the procedure.

A WDH will transfer some of the weight to the front axle.  The remaining weight, along with added weight in the truck, may indeed have the rear sagging even with the correct weight transfer.  My F250 has rather soft rear springs and air bags were the answer for me.  I chose a wireless controller so that switching between loaded and unloaded is just a button push.

I went with air shocks.  But I'm going to be adding g helper spring to this year.  My. 20 year old tow vehials Springs are worn out

I purchased Air Springs from our sponsor, Air Lift, (ad at the top of the page) and put them on my 3/4 ton when I was hauling a fiver. It made a world of difference. Brought the truck right back to level and the ride was great. Best part was I could deflate them when the fiver was not on the back, and the ride went back to normal.  Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom