Adding an accumulator to water system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2kGeorgieBoy

Thinking about adding an accumulator to our water system in our Class C Maverick. There is a Flojet pump rated at 2.9gpm @50psi max pressure. Also has a low pressure bypass. Looking at a Shurflo#182-100 24oz plastic/nylon unit, a Water Worker HT-2B 2 gal steel unit, possibly a Shurflo 3400-002 2 gal stainless unit, and even found directions on a DIY pvc pipe unit. Any suggestions/recommendations on this idea?

I used a 2 gallon capacity accumulator tank from Home Depot. I used plumbers strapping to mount it to inside the water bay, and connected it to the cold water line with short lengths of PEX pipe, an inline shutoff valve, and quick-connect 'T' fitting.

Those are all excellent components, but what are you expecting to accomplish? An accumulator can't do much other than delay some pump cycling, basically just reducing short cycling under light loads.

The worst thing you can do to anything electrical is turn it on and off. The tank extends the run time of the pump when it does run, but it runs mush less often with at least a 1-2 gallon tank. We can usually go all night with just normal toilet flushes and hand washing without the pump running when we're off of city water hookups.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to think about this some more, and after a few more trips, paying more attention to the pump cycling,  decide whether I really can benefit from this mod.

Back
Top Bottom