Yellowstone Campground help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RV Chick

Hi everyone....long time lurker first time poster. We have reservations for Bridge Bay campground in August for a site that says 40ft total or less. When I made the reservations in February - we had a 26ft rv and were planning on pulling our Jeep Wrangler....so it was going to be fine. We are currently shopping for a new rv and will most likely be moving to a 30 or 32 ft coach (will still be pulling the jeep). How big of deal is it with our Jeep we would be over the 40ft?

Thanks!
RV Chick  :)

Guessing you'll be fine. If it says 40 you could probably sneak a 45 in there. Once your Jeep is disconnected you can park it crossways in front of the coach

Thanks! I looked at the reservation site again and that was the biggest site available so hopefully there are no issues. It's our first big trip with a rv so I just wanted to  be sure.

We stayed @ Bridge Bay way back with our first motorhome (30') and we towed a Jeep.  No issues with length at all and could have fit a 36 footer towing the Jeep as well. 

Mike.

We hosted at Bay Bridge two summers ago.  Depending on where they put you, it could be parallel parking or back in site.  The big issue there and one of our jobs to ck on was to be sure all wheels were on pavement.  The CG personnel will help to be sure you get in the spot OK, but be sure it's all wheels on pavement or you'll have to pack up and move the RV around in the site.  Some are tight but those are usually for the actual 38-40'ers.  Have a great time.  The bison will be lounging around - look both ways when you leave your RV!

takinbetz said:
We hosted at Bay Bridge two summers ago.  Depending on where they put you, it could be parallel parking or back in site.  The big issue there and one of our jobs to ck on was to be sure all wheels were on pavement.  The CG personnel will help to be sure you get in the spot OK, but be sure it's all wheels on pavement or you'll have to pack up and move the RV around in the site.  Some are tight but those are usually for the actual 38-40'ers.  Have a great time.  The bison will be lounging around - look both ways when you leave your RV!

Agreed.  We were in a parallel site and it was more than plenty long for our rig at the time. 

And YES, look around when exiting the RV, we had a herd of Bison that would lie around our site and my FIL walked around the back of his trailer one day and came back in a hurry as he was almost face to face with a Bison.  Great for a laugh at the time but just be careful as they do take over the campground at various times.  They are both majestic and a pain in the butt at the same time. ;D

Mike.

Thanks for the heads up on the bison :) This will be our first big trip in the RV and we can't wait. Any tips on hiking trails? We have a 9yr old son....we can handle easy to moderate trails. I'm overwhelmed by how much there is to see out there.

RV Chick said:
Thanks for the heads up on the bison :) This will be our first big trip in the RV and we can't wait. Any tips on hiking trails? We have a 9yr old son....we can handle easy to moderate trails. I'm overwhelmed by how much there is to see out there.

Go read the threads and postings from the YNP RVForum Rally... tons of information

Back
Top Bottom