Best Roof Sealant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesertMax

Is Dicor still king?  Need sealant for solar panel installations..  and where to buy it?

ell I noticed my local CW store stopped stocking it.  They have some other brand now, I don't recall it off hand.

But that only tells me that the other brand is probably giving them a better profit margin than Dicor is.  It certainly doesn't give me a great feeling.  I did buy and use one tube, and it seems a tad different going on but ok.

Personally, I would go with Dicor if you can get it fresh and at a decent enough price.

As far as I am concerned, Dicor is still the one to beat. I'm right in the middle of putting some new devices on our roof, and to do so, I have to temporarily remove our solar panels. (I installed them about two years ago.) Our RV sits outside but even so, the original Dicor was still pliable and easily removed. There may be other good products out there but Dicor does everything I need it to do. I get it at my local RV store but I'm pretty sure Home Depot sells it.

Kev

The brand name isn't important, just that it is compatible with your roof material. If the roof is EPDM, it must be EPDM compatible. For TPO or fiberglass or metal, most types of lap sealant will work fine.

For some work a self-leveling sealant is easiest, but for small holes or around brackets it doesn't make much difference.

Dicor is always an excellent choice, and Alpha Systems ranks right up there with it.

Back
Top Bottom