Dish Network Recievers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

82corvette

I am sitting here watching the snow pile up, dreaming of camping. We have Superdish at home & tried it at the campground but found it was too much hassle to aim the dish. We have been using a Dish 301 reciever & a Dish 500 dish. The reciever is really tough to get to recognize sats. It seems the problem is worse when it hasn't been plugged in for awhile, it seems to lose it's memory. My question is, does Dish have a reciever that locks on quicker, maybe has more memory?

The dish model most common in RV's is the 311... The one I have is the 625.  I can't tell you how hard it is to aim though as the antenna (Class 300 antenna) is a Motosat T-2 Automotion.  It does not search for and lock on the sat unless you turn it off,  If you leave it on and head on down the road it just keeps track of it.

I"ve been working with a FTA receiver and find I can point it's dish very quickly using the receiver's antenna pointing tool and putting a protable tv where I can see it.  Once I have my Internet dish locked on I just point at about the same elevation and a few degrees west,  Works every time  (Internet is 83, I point that dish at 119)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom