remove outlet covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrjohnz

OK, I know it will be easy but how do you remove the outlet covers?

Are you talking about the safety covers installed in receptacles to stop children from inserting things in the electrical outlet?

Some manufacturers use the same type of outlets as single and double wides, where the outlet and cover are one unit.  I am not sure how they remove from the wall.

mine are like this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M8N5A8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B008OJ6XA0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0MRGZ0AGJX03KPXDT43J
the decorative bezel snaps off, to reveal screws that loosen mounting toggles....

Some have snap-on cover plates, and others have the cover plate integral with the body and are not removable except with the entire outlet. That kind typically has a screw in two opposite corners and the screw loosens & rotates a "wing" on the back to allow the entire assembly to be removed from the wall..

Gary RV Roamer said:
That kind typically has a screw in two opposite corners and the screw loosens & rotates a "wing" on the back to allow the entire assembly to be removed from the wall..

One caution, do not remove the screws entirely or the "wing" on the back may disappear down a black hole. Don't ask how I know.  :'(

R

Back
Top Bottom