Wax on....wax off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1carguy

I've got a new 5 month old TT with fiberglass siding and front end cap with decals/graphics. I store it outside and I know it's a matter of time and the sun will start baking the finish and decals. I know it's a big job but I think I should give it a wax job that has really good UV protection. I'm an old guy and want to make this as easy as I can so I'm looking for something that is easy on and easy off. Any recommendations?

Try rejex.com as a source, I have used for quite a few years, really easy on and off, great shine, and the bugs come off the easiest I have seen. Expensive but well worth it to me.

I think only available on line, you won't believe how easy on/ off, how well it shines.

rejex is great but doesnt last that long and it need s to be reapplied Nu finish yep that stuff from the 70's is still around and its got soem of the consumer digest highest ratings

Have had no problem with Rejex lasting, secret may be to have vehicle out of sun until it " cures", which is hard to do on a MH. (I think they say this). So I apply in later afternoon. still so easy on/off that it is no big deal,

Protect-All is another easy-to-use product that works well.

Despite ad claims, I'm not sure any of these products do a whole lot for long term UV protection. It's more important that you use one of them rather than choosing any particular brand. If you apply a decent protectant (almost none of them are really "wax" any more), it should a campiong season's worth of protection. Choose one that is easy enough so that you don't dread repeating periodically.

it's not just UV protection either - each time you are removing clingy road grime and a very light glaze of oxidation. Periodic "waxing" keeps the finish clear and bright.  Just Do It!

I recently used Protect-All which Gary recommended in a previous thread and was amazed with the results. It's a wipe on / wipe off product - doesn't get much easier, however it's still a time consuming job due to the amount of surface area to treat.

I bought a gallon of Protect All for my MOTORHOME, used it for several years and the plastic gallon jug became brittle, cracked and leaked out the contents. Had been stored indoors.

Have not bought any more. Seems like it could have protected it's own container, at the very least!

I'm an older guy too and my wife likes to wash and wax the 5'er. She just got through waxing the rig with McGuires RV/Marine wax, but it took her all day to do the job, she does do an excellent job and McGuires makes the rig shine. She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of trailer maintenance  as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and there?s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished waxing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. I?m a fair man. I just told her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and watch the Hockey Game with me for a few minutes. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. I?m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.

I spent most of my money on Women, Whisky, And Beer and the rest I just wasted.

I bought a gallon of Protect All for my MOTORHOME, used it for several years and the plastic gallon jug became brittle, cracked and leaked out the contents. Had been stored indoors.

Have not bought any more. Seems like it could have protected it's own container, at the very least!

You have to shake the container once a year to re-coat the sides of the jug.  ;)

HAPPY PROSPECTOR  -  I shared your reply with my DW and told her I would make an extra effort to try to be more considerate like you...she hasn't spoke to me since.

1carguy said:
I've got a new 5 month old TT with fiberglass siding and front end cap with decals/graphics. I store it outside and I know it's a matter of time and the sun will start baking the finish and decals. I know it's a big job but I think I should give it a wax job that has really good UV protection. I'm an old guy and want to make this as easy as I can so I'm looking for something that is easy on and easy off. Any recommendations?

We have a small Toy Hauler 5th wheel.  For me, old fashioned waxing is just not practical, can't keep up with that.  What I've done for the past years on our units is wash with Turtle Wash, then wrap a soft material around the extended washing broom, spray the Turtle Wax on the cloth liberally and wipe on best we can.  My thought is it's better than nothing and it does enough to still bead water on the fiberglass....  We use an electric power washer to wash, it makes the job easier and I don't mind washing it multiple times through the season.  Works for me.

Gary RV Roamer said:
You have to shake the container once a year to re-coat the sides of the jug.  ;)

I've got to admit you had me for a second on that, until I saw the Smiley Face! 

1carguy said:
HAPPY PROSPECTOR  -  I shared your reply with my DW and told her I would make an extra effort to try to be more considerate like you...she hasn't spoke to me since.
Were you kind enough to ask her to sit down with you and watch the hockey game after she made you the lemonade?

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.

I spent most of my money on Women, Whisky, And Beer and the rest I just wasted.

steveblonde said:
rejex is great but doesnt last that long and it need s to be reapplied

True that Steve but is there anything that doesn't need to be reapplied?

Rejex X2... The only thing that sticks is the shine!

IMHO

Keith

Maybe not the most fastidious place to put Rejex, But a dry and well cleaned toilet bowl will benefit from a couple coats. ( Yeah, ewwwwwww....)

Old Racer said:
Maybe not the most fastidious place to put Rejex, But a dry and well cleaned toilet bowl will benefit from a couple coats. ( Yeah, ewwwwwww....)

Picture that won't ya... 'specially if you accidently coat the seat too... LOL, ROTFLOL... Darn that was funny...

Back
Top Bottom