Proline Energy Management System Removed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaputnick

We are the third owners of the motorhome and new to class A. I noticed that my EMS was not showing any reading so I removed to cover and found that there was no unit? It looks like it was not installed in the first place.
    The previous owner did not have this worked on or removed. All systems have been working so I was wondering if there was some reason this might have been remove? When I pulled the complete monitor panel it does not appear to have ever been installed. Does Winnebago have a checklist before the ship?
Would this be a dealer issue?
Thanx!

Look at your brochure to determine if it was standard or an option.  Also you can call Winnebago Owner Relations tomorrow and give them your coach serial number,  they should have a build sheet for your unit.

There is no "unit" behind the display panel. It lives in the power center

You can see it in the attached photo near the bottom.

Attachments

• 20150111_163115.jpg
    20150111_163115.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 50
ennored said:
There is no "unit" behind the display panel. It lives in the power center

You can see it in the attached photo near the bottom.

So there is no display on the monitor tower? The manual indicates that you can view the amps and distribution of the power.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 42
John Hilley said:
On 30 amps or less it displays the amps and status of lines that can be shed
Thank you all, the display panel (led lights, bulbs, etc.) is not there. It must have failed or was never in place. From what I have seen there should be some lights and or values displayed but that is missing.

Next question is whether it is just the remote display that is gone, or is the real EMS logic gone as well. That is part of the load center and usually located behind the breakers.

The only thing that is lost here is the ability of the coach to automatically limit power consumption to 30A, i.e. avoid tripping a 30A circuit breaker on the external power source. Not really a big deal and something that most people end up managing manually anyway.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Next question is whether it is just the remote display that is gone, or is the real EMS logic gone as well. That is part of the load center and usually located behind the breakers...
Exactly what I was wondering.

One possibility is that it failed for one of the prior owners and they hit an issue fixing/replacing the unit due to parts being no longer available.  See this thread...

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,53000.msg489889.html%23msg489889

I hit this myself when I thought I needed to replace my '04 Powerline display panel, but was able to repair mine with some careful soldering.  In any case the link above gives upgraded part #s etc if you need to go that route. 

Winnebago rep said that it should be there or at least 9 out of 10 units were installed. The EMS is working and the previous owner did not have the display panel removed. The rep also said that they have them in stock and can purchase at their costs. I assume that the wires are there but at this time I can live with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom