2016 Toyota Prius 4 on the ground?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jgpapillon

We have started to look at diesel pushers and after reading several posts, I am wondering if I could tow my 2016 Prius with 4 on the ground. Can all cars be towed that way or are there cars that can't be towed? Would the Toyota dealer know that information?

Thank you
Jacques

The information should be in your owners manual. Reports I've read say the Prius cannot be towed all four down.

I hope this guide helps:

http://toyota.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7710/~/is-it-possible-to-tow-my-toyota-with-all-four-wheels-on-the-ground%3F

I believe it's a number of things, including the regenerative braking system.  I think most hybrids have to be trailered, and can't be towed 4-down or on a dolly.

And Toyota does not approve of towing any of their vehicles 4-down. Doing so is considered a violation of the Toyota warranty terms, which means that any drive train warranty claims would be denied.

The Ford C-Max is a full hybrid with a CVT transmission AND regenerative braking and is available at a good discount through July 5th AND is fully towable 4 down.  Go to a Ford dealer and look at one and ask to look at the owner's manual. I got rid of a perfectly good 2010 Prius in 2012 when I bought first class A.  I wish Toyota would recognize there is a market for 4 down towables.
Don Weaver  2011 Fleetwood Discovery 36j and 2012 Honda CRV Toad 4 down 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom