What do you really like about your 'B' ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

What is one of the best features that you personally like about your class 'B'??

To start the posting off:  We added a penthouse top to our custom van 8 years ago.  Being able to stand up in the van is nice but what we really like is being able to leave the bed made up and storing it against the bottom of the ceiling while camping.

Only dog & I ----- easy travel, no set up, fits in regular parking spot, good gas mileage, full amenities, drives great, able to Boon-dock, fits in smaller sites at campgrounds ($), awning allows outdoor sitting/cooking/etc...

We love our Sportsmobile with the penthouse roof. Makes life easier!

Was starting to think people who bought B's bought them so they could have something to dislike!  Thanks for the reply.  Yes, we also like our Sportsmobile penthouse top.  The second thing we really like is our front to back isle design.  What layout did you have in your Sportsmobile, the "50"?

It's a combination of #50 & #55. We have the sofa/bed but nothing other than the microwave. No sink. No stove. No fridge. Just storage, storage, storage. Like the #50 without the hanger closet, just a hinged lid storage on the left and large sliding door storage next to that. Then the counter with microwave under that and a pantry under and next to that. Unfortunately, due to health reasons, we might be selling it. But we'll wait & see.
Hope this helps!

Ha. That is an easy question to answer:

1) Great gas mileage (13.5-15.5 mpg),
2) Can camp almost anywhere since the 'B' is only 20 feet long,
3) Completely self contained with shower and toilet,
4) Enough power to climb hills at 60-65 mph, even here in the US South West,
5) We actually enjoy the outside because we are not inside watching TV.

There are more reasons, but that seems like enough to start with.

Road trek 190P

Likes;
Ability to stand upright
Permanent queen bed
Roadtreks great use of all avail space
Holding tank capacities
Small size, small size, small size :)

Dislikes;
Side closet bathroom
Would like more storage for large items

While the side bathroom and isle shower is somewhat inconvenient, when it bothers me I just remind myself of the maneuverability of the van, ability to drive in big cities and go anywhere, fits in a regular parking spot, tucks under most all drive thrus, and the gas mileage (14-16mpg), and I come out of the shower smiling :)  I only use the bathroom 10 minutes or so a day, its a minor inconvenience compared to the advantages gained. And when in campgrounds (not often), I use their facilities.

For reference, I?ve backpacked, owned pop-ups, class C?s, A?s, and travel trailers. They all served their purposes well, the larger ones when the family was growing, and now the Class B serves the wife and I now that the kids have left to start their lives. We travel more than camp, so the small size suits us nicely. When we go the snow bird route in a few years, we will probably keep the B but buy a fifth wheel or  travel trailer for longer term stays. For now, the B is very form fitting and a perfect match.

I have a Pleasure-Way great mileage big enough for 2 small enough I can drive it around town no different than a pick-up. even if you're not camping it's still great to travel in. I want to make the rear end dually to help with wind gust
con small bathroom

Having had Class A's, C's, trailers, tents, and pop-ups over the years, they all had advantages at various stages during our family lifecycle. Small and cheap when starting a family, tent backpacking before kids, large A with slide outs when we needed space for kids and their friends, they all served their purpose.

But the Class B changed everything for us. Its small, compact, but very comfortable and livable. Very nimble in urban traffic. We use it for day trips where we would never haul out a large Class A, enough so that it gets used at least once or twice every week, where the A would sit for weeks at a time waiting for a trip worthy of taking it out. It's a small studio apartment on wheels that fits nearly everywhere a car can.

So what do we really like about it. Everything. Small size, comfort, ability to go anywhere with few limitations, use for day trips (festivals, urban exploring, beaches), urban boondocking, perfect fit for a couple traveling. My only dislike is that I would prefer to have a dedicated bathroom and shower, but not enough to go to a larger size negating all the advantages. And I only use the bathroom/shower 15 minutes a day at most, a very minor inconvenience.

2017 ERA 170A...love the Truma heating system.  Set the temp when going to bed and wake up in a warm place!

Love the new modern interior.

At this point, not much I don't like ( ok, the crooked screws here and there are a pain) :)

easwen said:
2017 ERA 170A...love the Truma heating system.  Set the temp when going to bed and wake up in a warm place!

Love the new modern interior.

At this point, not much I don't like ( ok, the crooked screws here and there are a pain) :)

How about posting some interior pics?

2014 Winnebago Era 170x (24') - We love touring.  Camping - meh.  The freedom and great fuel economy this Sprinter based MH offered fits our travel style almost perfectly.  It gets upward to 18 mph which is more than double what our class C got and is much easier to drive and park.  We're still struggling with bed improvements, but they're not bad as is.  It is just the 2 of us plus a small dog, so room is not an issue.  Storage is limited, sure, but the small size makes it easy to stop wherever for shopping.

Probably our biggest dislike is the generator.  With the vehicle being diesel, the generator is propane fueled.  The LP tank holds just a little over 12 gals.  Boondocking in chilly weather can be a test of LP economy skills.

16" LT tires, though not cheap, are not that expensive.  At least, not like those for bigger rigs.

Attachments

• 2013_08_28_06_15_28s.jpg
    2013_08_28_06_15_28s.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
Just brought home my 1st RV, 1990 Airstream B190, I know I will have fun w/it and am looking forward to my 1st trip.

Back
Top Bottom