"Sticky" pocket door

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herekittykitty

Doubt it's Winnie-specific, but I have your basic pocket door between bath and bedroom and it's been nothing but a PITA from the beginning.

The top rail it's hanging from seems fine; when I push down on the latch, I can see the catch up there lowering to allow the door to close.

Cannot for the life of me figure out what kind of catch is at the bottom - can't feel it or see it - but it's not moving. The flimsy and poorly-attached door trim long ago split and came apart from the hollow door sides. I did tape it back in place.

Are you having trouble opening or closing?

If opening, I thought I was having the same problem when I first got my rig. We literally never use the two pocket doors cause it's just the two of us, but tried to close them shortly after purchase just to test and couldn't budge them, pulled as hard as I though I should, nothing apparently holding them. Then pulled really hard and viola! it closed. Turns out doors are held open by super strong velcro which engages as it is fully opened.

Hopefully that's all the problem is with yours.

Both, and no, there's no Velcro involved.

It's a pin that releases when the door mechanism is activated by pushing down on a piece of plastic inside the slot. Most of you know what I'm talking about - hope one of you knows how to fix  :D

Our two panel pocket door has never been particularly easy to operate and I had to make a minor repair on it a few years ago, but we deal with it.  Can you post some pictures of your door problem areas?

Tom said:
Here's an article in our forum library showing how I fixed a problem with a pocket door slider.
That's hysterical, Tom! All those techs... and all it took was a -DUH - lock nut. Genius.

I wish I could say that is my problem and that that will fix it. I also can't take a photo of it (as previously mentioned) because there's nothing to see and it's up against the end of the bed (no room to take a picture, even if any picture *I* took would be good enough.)

I've considered just removing it altogether, but I'm not even sure I can do THAT, seeing as what hardware is visible.

Maybe it's time I get a mobile tech out here to fix it and show me what's wrong with it, at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom