Polaris 4-wheeler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B

Bill42

Polaris 2x4, wish I couldv'e bought the 4x4, but at the time was due to lack of funds, plus I needed something quick. ;D

From where it sits, I just hop on and go, going further into the boonies and ride on many new and old logging roads, been riding for 25 years, mostly 4-wheelers, it does have a ATV license.

Does anyone around here ride 4-wheelers?

Attachments

• Polaris.jpg
    Polaris.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 87
I've often wished I had an ATV, but that would be one more thing I'd need to haul. What's an ATV license?

Tom said:
I've often wished I had an ATV, but that would be one more thing I'd need to haul. What's an ATV license?

Its a handful, even alot heavier then the last one we had.

Similar to vehicle plates/tags. ATV license is just stickers placed in plain view, image shows one on left front fender.

Woops, didn't add part of post.

No problem.

Now if I could only get cheaper gas and stay away from iffy roads, last summer didn't use common sense and ended up with a fractured rib, got myself in deep when I went down a road and it appeared to end, but then saw what looked like it continued, so off I went down the hill, as I was going down was thinking to myself "oh what did I get myself into" then I started back to where I had thought road had ended before, but on way up hit a hump in the ground and the Polaris lifted straight up in the air and fell backwards on me, handle bars hit my chest, I was by myself in a very very heavily wooded area, ain't doing that no more.

I have an 05 Kawasaki Brute Force 750, used mainly to push snow. I love to ride but Nebraska laws are trying to protect me from myself so theres only a couple places for trails. I wish we could ride them in the state parks to just cruise around. Alan

82corvette, its fun having them as long you can ride them, more space the better.

Here we have millions of acres to ride, but I never go off the main roads, well, except last summer.

Fixed.

About 2 months of ouch, finally went to the doctors few days later, couldn't take the pain.

Another quad rider here.  Mostly sand dunes.

Attachments

• Banshee.jpg
    Banshee.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 58
dave95.1 said:
Another quad rider here.  Mostly sand dunes.

Very nice, you have the wheels for it, thanks for sharing photo.

I mostly ride on mountain roads, could go to Oregon dunes and ride.
http://www.oohva.org/ohv%20area%20pages/odnraarea.html

Thanks, I wish we had some terrain here that called for a 4x4 utility quad.  I think that would be fun too.  I'd like to get on some really backwood or mountain trails.  To me it really doesn't matter slow or fast, as long as there's some challenge to it.  I've heard Oregon has some really nice dunes too.  We're planning a trip for Idaho this spring/summer and hopefully a new place every year now that we have somewhere to stay warm at night.  The dunes here usually get COLD at night.  Here's a couple of pictures I've seen of St. Anthony Idaho.  The first one there are buggies at the bottom and the second one there's a guy standing to the right to give an idea of the size of the hills.  These came from http://www.dunereview.com/home.htm.

Attachments

• SA-Chokecherry1.jpg
    SA-Chokecherry1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 74
  • SA-bigbowl.jpg
    SA-bigbowl.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 76
Whoa, those are some high dunes, those would scare the _____ out of me.

Oregon coast, paid for the ride [removed] the guy standing is the driver, I was taking photo.

[removed] areas I ride, except Mount St. Helens area, cannot ride to the mountain from our house.

Edit: changed text URL's to links.

Edit 2: removed links, going update website.

Very nice.  I would love to get a utility quad and see that terrain, we don't have anything like that around here (Kansas).  If everything goes as planned, we'll be heading to the Seattle area for work around June for about a year.  I've been contemplating bringing the atv's.  It's not really practical, but I've been working on convincing the wife it is.  ;D  Problem will be where to keep them more than anything.  I'll find a way to get them there.

We have two atv's, one is an 05 Arctic Cat TRV 500.  The other is a 06 Honda 350. I bought my arctic cat first and let the wife drive it once and she made me go out last year and buy her one.  LOL there are ATV trails all over Utah and new ones starting all the time.  I am going full time by the middle of next year.  We have spent the past week talking about the toad we will use and the way we will transport the atv's with us on our travels.  Last discussion was to buy a rack for the truck and just carry both of them on our truck and use the truck as our toad.  It remains to be seen.  Here are some info sites for Utah atv trails  http://atvutah.com/ and http://www.utahatvtrails.com/ATVTS.html
By the way 90% of the time we are in 2 wheel drive so a 2x4 is not that bad.

dave95.1 said:
Very nice.  I would love to get a utility quad and see that terrain, we don't have anything like that around here (Kansas).  If everything goes as planned, we'll be heading to the Seattle area for work around June for about a year.  I've been contemplating bringing the atv's.  It's not really practical, but I've been working on convincing the wife it is.   ;D  Problem will be where to keep them more than anything.  I'll find a way to get them there.

Enjoy the NW, good luck. ;)

utmtman, thanks for the links, hope you make the right choice when fulltiming.

Has anyone rode a ATV on snow, now thats fun, if you get stuck at least you can drag it out. ;)

I have ridden mine on snow deer hunting a time or two.  I do know you have to be carefull if you get into deep snow and in a sage for field type area you can get stuck.  Sage brush is heck on any four wheel drive.  I have been into snow two to three feet deep and it got to the point of not moving and I had to give it all I had to back out of it. 

I avoid foot or more of snow, 1 to 8 inches is enough, being careful on certain terrains.

Back
Top Bottom