Rumor - very unconfirmed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Evergreen what? where?  I googled it and came up uniformed.  More info needed.

Thanks Margi, I thought it was just me.

EverGreen RV is a trailer manufacturer based in Middlebury, IN. The also now make the Skyline brand which the purchased last year.

Too bad.  We bought a used 2014 Lifestyle Luxury last year and we love it.  I emailed Evergreen to ask a few questions and haven't heard anything back.

Seams like it might be true. Reading it on other forums and RV news, very hard to compete in this industry trying to mix quality with pricing. The service side of the industry will bring a company to its knees pretty fast if it has been underestimated. Maybe they will get eaten up by one of the larger companies.

Many have tried to build a better RV and still survive, but the buying public seems to be more persuaded by price than anything else. Despite all the moaning about "quality". RVs are expensive, even basic trailers, so everybody seems to think that RV manufacturers are making buckets of money, but I think most are just squeaking by on cash flow. The do well enough when sales volumes are good, but even a slight sales decline or a miscalculation on warranty expense quickly puts them in the red. Evergreen started out trying to build a better quality trailer and then expanded by buying other brands, presumably to increase sales volume. Apparently neither were enough to generate sufficient income to pay the bills and give investors a return on their money.

If Evergreen is as quality as many say, I would not be too concerned if were an Evergreen owner. Just check on the number of quality units manufactured by extinct companies that are still around and hold their value pretty much. Case in point: Western RV products ( Alpenlite, Alpine, etc).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom