Overnight at Wal*Mart - almost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Most folks here know that we don't overnight at Wal*Mart for various reasons, one of which is being uncomfortable staying in a parking lot in a strange town. Please hold off with all the reasons we shouldn't be concerned, I've heard/read them all 100 times!

Last night we stayed at Brinkley, Ar northeast of Little Rock. When we made the freeway exit, a sign for a different (than planned) campground took us to a motel with a campground in the rear. The first clue should have been the sleazy motel with only 2 cars in their lot. The desk said "take any site in back". The second clue should have been only one other RV in the campground.

We figured that "we're here now, might as well stay". We hooked up electricity, put out the slideouts and settled in for the night. That's when I looked over the CG fence and saw Wal*Mart! What's more, there was a large hole in the fence that would allow anyone to easily walk between the two.

We did shop at WM and I had a great deal on a couple of fishing poles that were on clearance. But I didn't sleep all night, thinking of the bad guys who might come through that fence.

Attachments

• WM_next_door.jpg
    WM_next_door.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 276
Sure makes it convenient for shopping :)

I didn't sleep all night, thinking of the bad guys who might come through that fence.

As opposed to the bad guys that would come up the driveway?

The folks in Wal Mart were probably more concerned about who might come through that fence from the Motel.  ;D ;D ;)

By the way you didn't bring the weather down upon them did you? ;D ;D

You must be getting close enough to TX to bring in the colder weather.  Only got up to 46 today. ;D

Ron said:
You must be getting close enough to TX to bring in the colder weather.

LOL Ron, we're east of Dallas this evening. Forecast is for 26 degrees overnight  :(

Slumbert, that's why we don't stay at Wal*Marts.

I sure didn't see any WM security. Chris commented that this must be one of the smallest WM stores we've been in, although they had most of stuff you see at the larger stores, just a smaller inventory.

Tom said:
LOL Ron, we're east of Dallas this evening. Forecast is for 26 degrees overnight  :(

Tom:

Are you headed west tommorrow:

We are in EL Paso and are driving I-10 to Van Horn before we head south to Presidio. (Proably will be ahead of you, that's only a 100 mile drive for us.)

Hi Jeff,

Yes, we're heading west tomorrow - to Big Spring. El Paso or Van Horn would be another day for us. Too bad you won't be around on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom