Water Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skipmma

2006 Gearbox 5th wheel.
Problem is when i hook up to park water to trailer, i don't get any water out of faucets. I know there is water pressure from faucet. i have the dual hookup on side of RV. One is the tank and the other is the hookup. Please help

I I think you need to provide more detail. Type of rv etc. I can't help, I'm a newbie with a travel trailer  :D but I'm sure the gang Wil chip in if you give them something useful to go on. Good luck

Usually when you have two hookups one is to flush (rinse) the black tank and is nothing more than a sprinkler head inside that tank and the other is fresh water... There is a 3-way valve (Quick fill) that selects water to the RV or tank fill on the Fresh water side.

Possible issues: Inlet valve could be stuck so that it is not opening, the inlet is a check valve
The Quick Fill valve can also be set to the wrong position.

There may be another valve issue.

Almost now way is it a plumbing issue other than the inlet check valve or ***this is a big one***

The inlet strainer

RV Inlets, like Washing machines in your sticks and bricks have a "Screen Washer" in them, (This is a combinaion hose washer and screen) and it can get jammed up too.. Visual inspection, (Flashlight into the inlet0 and clean if needed.

One final suspect: SOME Rv's the Inlet is also a pressure regulator.. That too can fail. 

Replacing the inlet screen washer is no different than replacing any hose washer

Replacing the inlet is very very very easy as well.

If you are sure that one inlet is strictly for filling the tank and the other for city water connection only, then it is likely the city inlet is clogged in some way. It probably has a screen to trap particles and this can get clogged or simply mashed closed, plus there is a check valve in the inlet that can get stick closed. Check the screen and also insert a stiff wire to push open the little ball in the center of the inlet (the spring loaded check valve). That usually releases whatever is sticking it. If that doesn't work, you can replace the inlet fairly easily and inexpensively.

If you get no water at all from the faucets, the above is probably the fix. If you get a trickle, then it is more likely a open tank fill valve or low point drain, as others ave suggested. I don't know how your Gear Box is plumbed, so can't be more specific.

Skipmma,

I have a Vector, on it the fresh water fill for the holding tank is on the opposite side of my trailer from the city water hook up. You might check closely all the way around.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom