1986 winnebago minnie winnie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a floor switch for the floor lights at night by my door it was taped up when I untapped the switch and flipped it it blew a fuse for my lights  (10 amp) I saw it was the only 10amp fuse in the whole box all the other fuses including more fuses for the other lights were all (15 amps) would it be OK to replace the fuse with a 15 amp fuse and would that possibly be why the 10 amp fuse blew when I turned on the floor lights?

;D You may want to put this in Tech Talk! If it requires a 10 amp fuse then you must have a short or the charger is putting out to much voltage!
  Not an electronic tech, with the bulb out and a good 10 amp fuse in place, see if the fuse blows, possible short, if not the bulb may have shorted. Using volt-ohm meter set to 50, then to 20 volts and with the bulb out use the red lead + to the center bulb holder pin, don't hit the surrounding metal case with the metal probe. take the black lead - touch to the outside metal casing. Should show no more than 13.8 volts. Hope this helps!

Short answer: NO.

The problem isn't the fuse. There is a short in that light circuit, probably a wire that has been pinched or the insulation rubbed off and touching the metal frame somewhere. Or maybe just one of the sockets is defective.

When the fuse blew it blew 4 different lights out all on one side of the rv do I need to check the wiring for pinch or melts rubbing on all the light or do they all feed to a central location I need to look at it didn't want to dig in all the wires if I don't have to

One question for using the voltmeter what would I set it to for the 50 and 20 volts the (20 with the dotted and straight solid line over the V?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom