2007 Fleetwood dakota

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brina

We purchased a 2007 Fleetwood Dakota new Had many small issues when first purchased . Unknown to us was Fleetwood in Canada  had gone bankrupt so our warranty wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Now we have a major issue with it and not covered by insurance so is a new can of worms. Could cost us thousands of dollars to repair. Buyer beware if you are thinking of buying Fleetwood products.

You only had a one year warranty to begin with, so you were already out of luck by the time Fleetwood went bankrupt in early 2009.

In any case, the current Fleetwood is an entirely new company that bought the brands and some of the assets of the previous company, and hopefully will manage to stay afloat.

Brina said:
We purchased a 2007 Fleetwood Dakota new Had many small issues when first purchased . Unknown to us was Fleetwood in Canada  had gone bankrupt so our warranty wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Now we have a major issue with it and not covered by insurance so is a new can of worms. Could cost us thousands of dollars to repair. Buyer beware if you are thinking of buying Fleetwood products.

Hi although this was  posted a year ago .I hope your issues were resolved  with your trailer.
I have a  mobile Rv tech which takes care of mine and as he works also at a a large Jayco dealership I did not realize  he also had access to service manuals for older fleetwoods as well . But in any case I found with repairs you sometimes have to do a bit of research because prices I was being quoted were very different for the same issues :(  Not sure where you are in Canada or else I would give you his contact info  for future even if you have a different trailer . Remember it sometimes is about finding a trustworthy and reliable person to help maintain it .

Our 2007 Fleetwood Dakota was a hunk of Junk . Fell apart. $32,000.00 trailer sold it for $4,500.00. Would never in a million years ever purchased anything made by Fleetwood. Was a great learning experience.. All I can say is Buyer Beware.

Back
Top Bottom