Design of Extra Gas Tanks for all pickups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nel

I'm working on a project and was wondering if the public in general would be interested in a larger gas tank or another gas tank underneath or in the bed of the truck?? If they did design another gas tank for vehicles where should it be located?? How much bigger should the tank be?? How far can you normally go on a tank of gas?? Would you like the gas tank to be easily removable?? Would it help to have a pump on top to refill vehicles?? (boat, 4 wheeler, lawnmower) What other things do you like to put in the back of your truck while hauling your fifth wheel?? If you have any good ideas of things that you think would be good for hauling fuel, please respond.? Thanks,
K

Nel,
Quite a few such products already exist and a fairly large number of people use them.  You might want to check out the competitive designs to see if yours has any unique features that would make it more attractive than established products.

nel said:
I'm working on a project and was wondering if the public in general would be interested in a larger gas tank or another gas tank underneath or in the bed of the truck?  If they did design another gas tank for vehicles where should it be located?  How much bigger should the tank be?  How far can you normally go on a tank of gas?  Would you like the gas tank to be easily removable?  Would it help to have a pump on top to refill vehicles?  (boat, 4 wheeler, lawnmower) What other things do you like to put in the back of your truck while hauling your fifth wheel?  If you have any good ideas of things that you think would be good for hauling fuel, please respond.  Thanks,
K

One of the things to consider when designing aux-tanks is this... In the event that the vehicle it's installed on is involved in a crash and burn (Literal, car fire) then all that extra fuel presents a bit of a hazard.  and a SERIOUS liability increase.

I mean,,, I get burned in a car fire, I find that one of the vheicles burning had an aux tank, or even a 1.5 gallon gas can... I'm going to add ZEROS to the amount I'm sueing for

Thus a "Fuel Cell" type design, where there is an outer shell, and an inner tank designed to be explosion safe, is highly recommended, It still increases liability should it ever catch fire... but it is less likely to do so

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom