EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: The Cousins Mexican Adventure  (Read 48724 times)

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: The Cousins Mexican Adventure
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2007, 12:17:58 AM »
Thanks Don.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2007, 10:57:49 AM »
Ah-ha, I see the food pictures made it!

Thanks for the travelogue and pics. And people in shorts....Wow!
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2007, 11:54:17 PM »
Day 30 - Last Day in Loreto

We have become adjusted to the slow pace we have been keeping the past week. Today was a cool morning with a fog bank off shore and it provided a cooler, quiet scene to Loreto bay. We went downtown for breakfast and hung around the campground most of the day. Sue and a couple of others headed out this afternoon but were back by 4:30 for happy hour.

About a dozen took off after 6:00 to check out Meditranneo, an Italian restaurant with beautiful seating on the second floor balcony overlooking the waterfront. We enjoyed the evening there with great food and friends.

We pull up stakes in the morning for a short 60 mile run up the coast to Bahia Concepcion (Conception Bay) where we will dry camp for three days on the beach.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:37:44 PM by Jeff Cousins »

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
Day 31 - On the Beach

We are truly parked in an RV'ers paradise! This morning we drove up from Loreto to Bahia de Concepcion (Conception Bay for you gringos) and are parked as far into the soft sand as we dare go facing the beach. It is about 25 feet across the sandy beach to the warm water from our front door and the temperature is a perfect 87 degrees. One of the caravan members son described our trip as the "Over 50 Spring Break" and he is close!

Bahia de Concepcion is a beautiful bay protected by a hilly peninsula that is 40-50 miles or so long stretching south from Mulege (Mu le hay). The sandy beaches are surrounded by low mountains and the scenery is a combination of the sea and dry Baja hills. The protected coves are perfect anchorages and all size boats and yachts are anchored everywhere.

Swimming and fishing were on the agenda for the afternoon and we then met out in front of our RV for happy hour on the beach at 5:00PM. After an hour's good times some headed to the restaurant (another 50 feet up the beach) while some of us grilled dinner at home. At 7:00PM we met back on the beach for ice cream and a campfire that lasted until well after dark.

We were entertained with beach music from who else, the Beach Boys, that was downloaded by Terry Brewer two years ago when he and Betty were here with Pat and Alice. It sounded as good today as it did back then, thanks Terry!

We will spend tomorrow checking out Mulege  which is 25 miles north on the Sea of Cortes.

Miles Driven: 60
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:56:13 AM by Jeff Cousins »

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2007, 03:37:03 PM »
Jeff,

You're too fast for me - you deleted the ice cream pic as I was trying to view it  ;D
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2007, 04:07:21 PM »
And I really wanted to delete a different one but don't know how to get it back in sequence without doing them all over again. ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:09:03 PM by Jeff Cousins »

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2007, 04:09:41 PM »
LOL Jeff, there's no way to change the sequence except, as you say, by starting over.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2007, 04:15:03 PM »
Oh well the banana splits tasted better than they looked anyway.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2007, 02:00:25 PM »
Day 32 - Trip to Mulege

The sunrise over the Bahia de Concepcion was beautiful and Sue was up to take the photos. This morning a group of us loaded up in vehicles and headed up the Bay 25 miles to Mulege (Mu le hay), Mulege is a small town at the mouth of Bahia de Concepcion that is a winter retreat for a lot of gringos. Its the place you head to if you are living down on the beaches of Conception to shop, and its restaurants and shops cater to Americans and Canadians. The south side of the river leading out to the lighthouse is completely developed with snow bird homes with RVs parked all over.

The light house and shrimp boats are at the mouth of the river about a mile east of the center of town. On the way back to Playa Buenaventura we stopped at several beaches full of RVs and the small town of El Coyote with is also a boaters haven.

We spent the afternoon reading, relaxing, swimming, and watching Art trying to make his first real catch (still waiting!). The evening get together included cooking Mexican hot dogs and being serenaded by Ted. As it got dark he needed help from Isabelle reading the music!

The sunset and campfire were the end to a tranquil day.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:38:27 PM by Jeff Cousins »

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2007, 02:20:04 PM »
Top Notch again Jeff  thank you.
Old, Stubborn, Opinionated, Set in my Ways, and Independent,  IMHO

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2007, 02:28:39 PM »
Shayne,

Jeff is having so much fun that he's thinking of becoming a MX resident  ;D

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2007, 02:38:35 PM »
Hola, Amigo! ;D

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of.  But then if you kept traveling down there, what great articles and pictures we'd have daily.  Sort of a mixed emotion don;'t you think?  LOL

Ian

• ---
  • Oh give me a mobile home, so I can roam
    • My family web site
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2007, 06:00:01 PM »
Day 29 - Last Day in Loreto
Jeff and Sue, I am loving this travelogue and being able to see and read about places that are well out of reach to me at this time. Thanks also for the update to your sigline so I can follow your travels through Google Earth.

Just a problem that I have spotted. Back on page 5 of this thread you had pictures from Day 29, at the start of page 6 you have pictures from Day 29. I try to sort the pictures by the EXIF date attached by your cam but this really confused me.
eg in your first batch of Day 29 pics, "Dancing at the Market" was taken on the 17th, "Happy Hour" in the second lot of Day 29 pics was taken on the 18th.
Did you slip a day or is my TARDIS playing up with Real Time again ;)
Cheers, Ian - from Adelaide, South Australia. GMT+0930 +1 for Daylight Robbery - Oct to Apr
A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles. Tim Cahill
A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it. John Steinbeck

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
Ian,

Just go with the flow and don't worry about dates or sequence of photos.

Ian

• ---
    • My family web site
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2007, 09:10:23 PM »
Just go with the flow and don't worry about dates or sequence of photos.
Except that there are a number of filenames duplicated so I found it easier to store them with the EXIF data automatically creating the Month, Date, Time using XNView's Rename facility. eg 03-15_1848_Hamburger Cookout.jpg
Cheers, Ian - from Adelaide, South Australia. GMT+0930 +1 for Daylight Robbery - Oct to Apr
A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it. John Steinbeck

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2007, 09:24:06 PM »
No problem here. I was able to follow along with Jeff's postings and photos just fine. Who cares if the photos are out of sequence? I didn't notice   ;D

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2007, 10:40:29 PM »
Ian:

I obviously used Day 29 twice and have corrected it. The issue with photo dates is beyond me except I have been editing some of them the following day. Don't really worry about the photo date so it may not work for you.

Sorry.

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2007, 11:15:59 PM »
I noticed it but what the heck It's a superb job and I'm happy to have the opportunity to view them.  Keep it up Jeff

Ian

• ---
    • My family web site
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2007, 11:28:51 PM »
I obviously used Day 29 twice and have corrected it.
Jeff, honestly, it isn't a problem. I'm just glad to be able to travel with you on your journey. I'm learning a lot about the country as well as what it is like to travel in a caravan with other RV'ers. It looks a load of fun and certainly an adventure.
I've saved all your pics on my HD so I can show them to the family. Maybe someday I can return the favour and share my trips with this great framily <deep sigh>

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2007, 11:38:56 PM »
Day 33 - Our Last Day at Bahia de Concepcion

The peaceful morning here was broken by a rooster attack before 7:00AM! It seems the recipient of the rooster (Bob Close) decided to use it to wake everyone enjoying a late morning in bed. Needless to say with this group we have not heard the last from the rooster. By late morning it was reported stolen from the Close motorhome.

The early risers did get to watch a school of porpoise (or dolphins) feeding on fish just offshore for over an hour. The porpoise are out of the water so fast it is very difficult to catch them in the  air which they continually did while feeding. They gradually worked their way north up the bay toward Mulege. The photos of Playa Buenaventura are from a point north of here taken while chasing the porpoise.

This evening we had our daily gathering and then had dinner at the restaurant here on the beach. The fire afterward did not last long as we have had a windy cool front pass today and it was rapidly cooling off at dark.

Tomorrow we travel about 110 miles to San Ignacio as we work our way north.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 01:57:12 AM by Tom »

Ray D

• ---
  • Jasper
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2007, 11:48:29 PM »
Enjoying your travelogue.

Photo: Porpoise 1 - above the water, left of center, with mountains as background, it looks like that rooster is coming in for a strafing run, afterburner smoking.  ::) Do you know what that actually is? I doubt that a dolphin could make it that high.  ???

Just curious.  ;D

Ray D  ;D
Boise, Idaho. U.S.A.F. Vet. Damon Challenger, Workhorse/Vortec, 2005 towing a Suzuki XL-7, 2003.

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2007, 12:06:51 AM »
Enjoying your travelogue.

Photo: Porpoise 1 - above the water, left of center, with mountains as background, it looks like that rooster is coming in for a strafing run, afterburner smoking.  ::) Do you know what that actually is? I doubt that a dolphin could make it that high.  ???

Just curious.  ;D

Ray D  ;D

Ray:
The feeding resulted in several pelicans hovering or swimming nearby waiting for breakfast.

Ray D

• ---
  • Jasper
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2007, 12:15:43 AM »
That makes sense. Thanks.

That must be one hungry pelican! Did you see the smoke trail? Musta been eating spicy fish, down there!  ;D

Ray D  ;D
Boise, Idaho. U.S.A.F. Vet. Damon Challenger, Workhorse/Vortec, 2005 towing a Suzuki XL-7, 2003.

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2007, 09:00:24 AM »
Jeff do you ever sleep?   If I see the sunset I don't usually see the sunrise  or vise versa.  Maybe its the age factor.  LOL

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2007, 09:15:16 AM »
Ray:

Sue takes the sunrise shots. ;D ;D

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2007, 09:49:08 AM »
Knew there was a catch to this.  LOL

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2007, 11:15:36 AM »
Sue takes the sunrise shots.

Jeff,
Tell Sue that even though I don't do mornings, her shots might just make me set an alarm to see the beauty.  I am fully enjoying your log and photos.  It's just like  being there again. 
Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2007, 05:18:53 PM »
Jeff,
Tell Sue that even though I don't do mornings, her shots might just make me set an alarm to see the beauty.  I am fully enjoying your log and photos.  It's just like  being there again. 
Betty

Betty:

Pat & Alice wanted to make sure Terry knew they still had his Beach Boy downloads and said thanks.

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2007, 01:17:37 AM »
Jeff

>>Pat & Alice wanted to make sure Terry knew they still had his Beach Boy downloads and said thanks<<

Yep I ripped them right from iTunes.<G>