The Cousins Mexican Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned said:
You averaged $1.99/gallon for fuel?  That's remarkable.

Ned, not remarkable, Pemex, the Mexican government fuel monopoly that sets one price for the country. They intentionally are selling their own oil at low prices to support their economy.

Wish I could have brought more home. ;D

Almost makes it worthwhile to cross the border to fill up :)  We're averaging over $3 this year to date.

I have to add to the remarkable comment about the fuel prices. Granted I didn't drive a diesel down there, but only moving back up to the States last year after living in Mexico for eight years, I invariably paid more for gasoline down there than in the States. I'll have to check into that diesel thing. I'm close enough in Texas and with a 60 gal. reserve tank I may just do some border hopping.

Well if you like $2.00 a gallon how about $1.82! We got in the habit of converting 1.00USD to 10MXN pesos but the actual exchange rate we received in banks and ATMs is 10.9 pesos so the 20.087 pesos per gallon (3.79 liters @ 5.3 pesos per liter) was really $1.82 per gallon.

Guess I will have to change the summary for fuel costs which means we spent even more on margaritas and cervasa. ::)

With as much drinking going on, sure couldn't be much time left for driving.  Makes me wonder if the Drinker they long there, the Stander they got.  Could make them Back-talk themselves.    Glad they had a great time cuz we sure enjoyed it.  Great superlative job done by Jeff and his Bride.

11 and a half grand for 45 days, WOW!! Probley not a problem for Bill Gates or a former CEO of a large corperation but far out of reach for most of us! :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom