Sad News and Good News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiefM

The sad news is that after much debate back and forth I sold my Winnebago this weekend.  :(

I will be retired from the Army in 5 weeks and I am starting a new job so vacation time for at least a year. The new job is 6 days a week and we might have used it for weekend excursions but probably not so I decided to not let it sit that long. We have a 6 month old son and we want to do a big family Walt Disney World RV trip in about 2 years when the little guy is older. The deal with the wife was if I sold this one we would get another bigger one in the next year or so. The good and best news is that at homeless Vet is going to live in it.

I have learned a ton of info from everyone here and I thank you for that. Living in her for almost a year and a half also taught me a lot of stuff too. It will be sad to see her go but there is stuff that I know I want in a newer one that this one doesn't have, a big bed in back, separate bath, a slide and jacks. I still plan on being a member here and checking in now and then.

As one journey is temporarily ending, ours is just beginning. It's the circle of RV life. ;)

It must have been hard to let go, but, like you said, it is going to give a person a home they didn't have. Feel good about that and look to the future.

I have a lot of sweat and blood in her and sad to watch her drive away. But buying her in the first place reaffirmed to me that I definitely want to have an RV.  For just me living in her it was fine but for a long road trip/ vacation excursion the wife and family will be a lot happier with a newer and bigger one.  I am already driving the wife crazy window shopping for a new one. 

Yep, sad news and good news indeed. I hope you keep hanging out here in the meantime.

Got a call today from a HR recruiter for a position I applied for last week, This job pays double of the job I was going to accept. If I get it I will surely have another motorhome next year!!! Love that good Karma !!!!!

ChiefM said:
Got a call today from a HR recruiter for a position I applied for last week, This job pays double of the job I was going to accept. If I get it I will surely have another motorhome next year!!! Love that good Karma !!!!!

Does that mean you didn't have to get rid of the old girl?

I didn't HAVE to get rid of her, But I had already decided to let her go because I won't use her for at least a year, ( New Job) and for the road trips I already have planned in the future.  I want/ needed something newer, a little bigger and dash AC that works better so the wife doesn't melt..:) The rear twin beds were OK but I would really like a rear queen, I want at least one slide and leveling jacks. The wet bath is what I really disliked the most.

She worked great for just me but future plans include family vacations so I want everyone to be comfortable. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom