Estimate to replace a pipe running to the toilet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uvafan15

Hello everyone.

I am located in Virginia and looking at purchasing a Roo out of state (4 hours away).  It's an older couple who owns the camper and she told me over the winter the pipe running to the toilet busted and would need to be replace.  Therefore, I wouldn't be able to hook water up to test the camper.  She states the camper was winterized.  About how much would it cost to replace this pipe?

Should I have other concerns?

Thank you in advance.

uvafan15 said:
Hello everyone.

I am located in Virginia and looking at purchasing a Roo out of state (4 hours away).  It's an older couple who owns the camper and she told me over the winter the pipe running to the toilet busted and would need to be replace.  Therefore, I wouldn't be able to hook water up to test the camper.  She states the camper was winterized.  About how much would it cost to replace this pipe?

Should I have other concerns?

Thank you in advance.

If it was me, I'd have plenty of concerns. Without being able to pressurize the water system you won't know if other lines are broken, water heater tank could be split and fresh water tank could be ruptured.  Be very careful.  Why would the pipe burst if it was winterized. 

Yes, you should have other concerns.

To Add to Rene's list of potential problems, the water pump froze on ours while it was sitting at the dealership.
We tested the plumbing in the lot using city water.
The first time we turned on the water pump at the campsite, we had a waterfall out the basement.
It was a warranty repair for us.

I have purchased a number of used motorcycles.  I never have accepted a verbal claim that it runs.  Start it up.  You say the battery is dead so you can't start it?  Or the tank leaks so you don't want to put gas in it?  To me, that is the same as 'does not run'.

They may very well have winterized the camper but many people who do their own forget to run water at the toilet to get antifreeze thru that line.

boatbuilder said:
They may very well have winterized the camper but many people who do their own forget to run water at the toilet to get antifreeze thru that line.

I second this, many people run water/antifreeze thru all of the sinks and showers, but forget to run the toilet until it runs pink.

No big deal.  Just pick up a shark bite  cap fitting at home depot or Lowe's.  Cut the pipe and place cap on. Then you can run a full test.    One of 2 thing will happen.  Seller will come up with some excuse why you can do that  and if they do walk away.    Or you will cap off the pipe and find a boat load more.leaks.    pex pipe is very resistant to freezing.  My bet would be on the plastic part in the flush valve that blew out    still replaceable.  Most RV dealers will not do a repair like that thow they will only replace the hole toilet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom