EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: DW is over the moon about this mod  (Read 770 times)

Punomatic

• ---
    • Life in Black and Blue
DW is over the moon about this mod
« on: July 29, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
I recently put some LED light strips in the kitchen cupboard, which is long and dark and has three doors. I wired magnetic switches in parallel. Now whenever you open any cabinet door, the inside of the cupboard lights up so that you can see everything in there...no guessing!  :D I also put a dimmable LED strip in the dinette for mood lighting. DW likes it much better than the overhead incandescent.

Now, here's the one that made her say, "I'm never getting rid of this trailer." I put some LED light strip under the bed in the storage area, again with a magnetic switch. Now, when she lifts the bed to get out her shoes or the toaster or a bottle of wine, the storage space lights up and she doesn't have to go to the Fibber McGee drawer for a flashlight. I just racked up some husband points!!  ::)
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
DW and me and Pogo (the neurotic terrier-gone to the rainbow bridge) and Lulu (the Moxie with moxie)

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
Re: DW is over the moon about this mod
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 06:38:21 PM »
I put some LED light strip under the bed in the storage area, again with a magnetic switch. Now, when she lifts the bed to get out her shoes or the toaster or a bottle of wine, the storage space lights up and she doesn't have to go to the Fibber McGee drawer for a flashlight. I just racked up some husband points!!  ::)

I did the same thing with the last 5vr we had except I used a brake light switch. It was very handy tom have a lighted storage bin under the bed.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

catblaster

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:41:31 AM »
I did the same thing with the last 5vr we had except I used a brake light switch. It was very handy tom have a lighted storage bin under the bed.

I also added dimmable multicolor lights but put them around the edge of the bed so they shine on the floor. The red is neat at night, you dont ruin your night vision and it keeps you from bumping your toes on the things lying on the floor.  wonder what it looks like from the outside though.....a warm red glow from the bedroom.
Will and Jane
95 Winnebago Luxor

RoadSchool

• ---
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:42:21 PM »
I also added dimmable multicolor lights but put them around the edge of the bed so they shine on the floor. The red is neat at night, you dont ruin your night vision and it keeps you from bumping your toes on the things lying on the floor.  wonder what it looks like from the outside though.....a warm red glow from the bedroom.
;D Hilarious!

If you can choose the color and intensity at whim, you might try green to both ease the passersby's concern and to improve your night vision. It allows better color and shape differentiation than red. http://www.astromax.org/activities/members/kniffen.htm

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:51:28 PM »
The red is neat at night, you don't ruin your night vision and it keeps you from bumping your toes on the things lying on the floor.
Nothing keeps me from bumping my toes on anything that is bumpable.  :P
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
Grand Canyon photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 11:23:20 PM »
Wonder how many people know what the "Fibber McGee drawer"  is.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

TonyDtorch

• ---
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 12:19:53 AM »
The red is neat at night, you dont ruin your night vision and it keeps you from bumping your toes on the things lying on the floor. 

That explains why every strip club I've ever been in had red interior lighting .... 8)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:32:39 AM by TonyDtorch »

Heli_av8tor

• ---
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 09:12:18 AM »
"Fibber McGee drawer"   Is that the one with 20 lbs of $hit in a 10 lb drawer?
Tom & Theresa
2004 Pace Arrow 37C
Workhorse W22, 8.1 Vortec
2014 Honda CR-V Toad, Roadmaster -5 Base and tow bar
SMI Stay and Play Duo Brake system

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 09:16:18 AM »
Wonder how many people know what the "Fibber McGee drawer"  is.

Molly knows... ;)
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

Hosted by Over The Network