rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Replacing fluorescent ceiling lights with LED “help”  (Read 548 times)

mxdad777

• ---
Replacing fluorescent ceiling lights with LED “help”
« on: March 09, 2018, 11:51:54 PM »
I want to replace the flourescent ceiling lights in our 2005 Endeavor.  I have seen the fancy LED fixtures with the colored accent light around them but can’t seem to locate them anywhere (see example below) Anyone have any idea who makes them or where I could purchase them or something similar?  We were toying with the idea of selling and getting a newer coach, but we’ve had this coach from day one and it’s been very good to us. It’s just time for some upgrades. Floors, TV’s and LED lights are on the list. Any info would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:42:59 AM by mxdad777 »
2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
Cummins 400 HP
Allison 6 Speed
1987 Jeep Wrangler Toad

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Replacing fluorescent ceiling lights with LED “help”
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 10:29:38 AM »
Are you looking for shiny new fixtures, or just want to replace the fluorescent tubes with Leds?  It's generally pretty easy to replace the tubes with an LED psuedo-tube,  or strip out the innards and put led strips in place.

Here are some examples of Led replacement tubes for the common F8T5 and F15T8 fluorescents.
http://www.rvledbulbs.com/category-s/45.htm
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

mxdad777

• ---
Re: Replacing fluorescent ceiling lights with LED “help”
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 10:55:04 AM »
We are wanting to replace the complete fixture. Trying to give the coach more of a “2018” look. Some of the other fixtures throughout the coach we will keep the fixture and just replace the bulb. Thanks for the info though.
2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
Cummins 400 HP
Allison 6 Speed
1987 Jeep Wrangler Toad