remodel on my 04 alpine 34'r

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sun2Retire said:
Sorry don't have an answer. Many here have replaced every single bulb with LED so maybe someone will have an answer. That was my initial plan also but the LED replacements for florescent are very expensive and since we typically only use the fluorescents as task lighting I'm now thinking about just keeping them and converting everything else. Must be someone selling LED thin line fixtures. I know M4 sells the bulbs but that doesn't help you.

thanks again for the reply....I wanna some how get away from the camper lights...might just have to buy 120v fixtures and convert them to 12v

still going....I had the idea to replace my counter tops and back splash...but ended up polishing the tops,... couldn't get any one to even give me a price....the tops look as new now :)
I also removed all the beveled mirrors..... got all the mirrors off with out breaking them....so now I have a stack of mirrors in the garage...lol

I even went so far as to remove all the vinyl off the walls... I have stainless brick to replace the mirror... I also removed the granite backsplash strip..
I personaly think that the back splash should go to the counter...

changed out the bedroom coach lights lights to more modern... and removed the recessed florescent in kitchen , replaced with led flat panel...

wish I knew how to resize pics....

I use good ol' Microsoft Paint to resize my pics. I download from my phone to the desktop, open the pic in Paint, resize to 25%, save it, rename as resized, post it.

still been busy restoring , detailing, and up grading the alpine...found led florensent replace ments for the stockones... the new one are led and have a dim and bright setting... made a pennet light for over the dinette...picture framed the flat leds...put new furniture , it now has a dinnete, love seat and opposing sofa... had a few cabinette doors showing wear so I re finished them...wood work all looks good now..replace every light with leds... and put led bulbs in all the halogen fixtures...painted the trim pieces on the 3 vent fans..got the stainless brick pattern back spash done... all that and went on 4 az trips, and one Utah....stayed at Utah for 5 days... everything worked flawless..towed the triple axel trailer like it wasn't there...

pic

Attachments

• DSC03020.JPG
    DSC03020.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC03020.JPG
    DSC03020.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC03011.JPG
    DSC03011.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC03025.JPG
    DSC03025.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC03015.JPG
    DSC03015.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC03019.JPG
    DSC03019.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC03012.JPG
    DSC03012.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC03007.JPG
    DSC03007.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC02999.JPG
    DSC02999.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC03010.JPG
    DSC03010.JPG
    344.1 KB · Views: 39
Man, that coach is lookin' good! I'm also glad you seem to be getting more confident in it and enjoying it more. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

kdbgoat said:
Man, that coach is lookin' good! I'm also glad you seem to be getting more confident in it and enjoying it more. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

thanks..I think it turned out nice...every thing works as it should now,,,all the lighting changed to the same color leds really makes it nice.. that and I took it in and had a real detailed inspection....I did everything my self... wiring..wood work, tile work..made boxes for under the sofa so that the seat height is right and they match..I did the back splash my self so the line are perfect straight...also made the access to the plumbing out of a medicine chest

Attachments

• DSC02993.JPG
    DSC02993.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC03005.JPG
    DSC03005.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 39
MYRV2 said:
thanks..I think it turned out nice...every thing works as it should now,,,all the lighting changed to the same color leds really makes it nice.. that and I took it in and had a real detailed inspection....I did everything my self... wiring..wood work, tile work..made boxes for under the sofa so that the seat height is right and they match..I did the back splash my self so the line are perfect straight...also made the access to the plumbing out of a medicine chest
thanks Gary... we really enjoy it..

got it done.... wife wants jack beds on sofa and love seat,... and I want power lumbar.... so we ordered all new captians seats and sofa/love seats from flexsteel...she's be like brand new when done

more tile and paint work...the tile is not grouted yet...

Attachments

• DSC03029.JPG
    DSC03029.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC03028.JPG
    DSC03028.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC03027.JPG
    DSC03027.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC03026.JPG
    DSC03026.JPG
    333.5 KB · Views: 36
Congratulations, man!  You have a very unique and rare coach that is probably better than new (it is better than new).  It makes me very happy that you have decided to keep it.  You have put so much of yourself into it that no one else deserves to own her, at any price!  In turn, she will treat you very, very well.  The remodel is looking great, you are an extremely talented guy and you sure are putting that to good use on this project!  Happy Trails to you!   

Attachments

• 20160829_110256 cropped resized.jpg
    20160829_110256 cropped resized.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 30
aauummm said:
Congratulations, man!  You have a very unique and rare coach that is probably better than new (it is better than new).  It makes me very happy that you have decided to keep it.  You have put so much of yourself into it that no one else deserves to own her, at any price!  In turn, she will treat you very, very well.  The remodel is looking great, you are an extremely talented guy and you sure are putting that to good use on this project!  Happy Trails to you! 

thanks for the kindness...hit me up if you come to vegas...

started the bedroom paint today............some hints for the DIY's....first thing I do is scrape the walls with a single edge razor...it will remove any crud and such off the wall
just use a light pressure ...it will also find any imprefections in the wall....next... I use O steelwool...and go over the whole wall...this will lightly sand the vinyl ...
next... I wash the wall with a degreaser....then.... go over everything with a clean clear water terry cloth rag....the reason is to make sure you remove all the soap

here's a before pic...

Attachments

• DSC03042.JPG
    DSC03042.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 36
OK.... got the tile set, and some of the walls painted.....still have to grout the tile....not bad for one day...

Attachments

• DSC03043.JPG
    DSC03043.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC03043.JPG
    DSC03043.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC03045.JPG
    DSC03045.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 29
more

Attachments