remodel on my 04 alpine 34'r

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bout 95 % done painting....

Attachments

• DSC03058.JPG
    DSC03058.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC03057.JPG
    DSC03057.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03056.JPG
    DSC03056.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03055.JPG
    DSC03055.JPG
    343.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03054.JPG
    DSC03054.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 14
%%%%

Attachments

• DSC03052.JPG
    DSC03052.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC03051.JPG
    DSC03051.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC03049.JPG
    DSC03049.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC03048.JPG
    DSC03048.JPG
    336 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03052.JPG
    DSC03052.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC03051.JPG
    DSC03051.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 18
also.... changed out all the little plastic AC vents to 4x8'' metal residential registers...

Attachments

• DSC03061.JPG
    DSC03061.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC03060.JPG
    DSC03060.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 19
VERY impressed with all your work!  I am considering my first RV as I approach retirement.....and since I have no idea IF I will like "RV-ing", my first will almost certainly be a used model in the $50K range.  This gives me hope that I can change some of the parts that I don't like to fit my tastes.  Thanks!

DownTownLB said:
VERY impressed with all your work!  I am considering my first RV as I approach retirement.....and since I have no idea IF I will like "RV-ing", my first will almost certainly be a used model in the $50K range.  This gives me hope that I can change some of the parts that I don't like to fit my tastes.  Thanks!

you're very welcome... as I have spent most of my life building hot rods, street rods and classic restorations..... the new turn in my life is RV restorations.... I'm currently restoring 3 coaches right now,... mine, and both my sons...interesting to say the least...my youngest just picked up a 93 Fleetwood....or should I say "wet wood"....lol...amazing what a little paint will do...

All I can say is wow.  That is a beautiful remod.  Someone may have asked this question, but what was your total price for the remodel?

I am thinking about getting my first motorhome and am looking at some older Class C's.  The interiors are pretty awful on the ones I have looked at.  I am  thinking that  putting in nice carpet and updating the furniture will go a long way.

Thanks!

Patrick

well,...pretty much done with the interior of this coach,...we 've had it out to various spots...and really injoy the coach,one thing I wanded to add to the story....while in parump nev... out side temp was well north of 120 degrees at times...I was able to maintain 72 degrees in side with the ac's able to cycle off...tought I personally would like a smaller coach,... my wife wants no part of the deal, and flat throws a fit with the mention of selling it..
yeah, it's a old hunk of fiber glass and metal...and I'd just rather have new...the power and ride of his coach in 34'r gonna be hard to replace, and what you can buy now days is more for less,,, so I keep updating  this one.... I did get all new furniture and seats from flexsteel, and the coach is pretty much all brand new in side .....

looks and smells brand new.. I also got the lighting swapped out to LED...one of the other mods to this coach was the front cabinets.. you had to watch your head when you entered the coach as the TV stuck way out there.... so I took all the cabineets down and re worked them to fit a 39'' flat screen...

we got rid of the recliner be cause it had to sit out in the middle of the floor... and my wife wanted a sofa on both sides...I ordered a sofa, and a love seat from flexsteel, both with the drawer option ..the end caps(arm rests) were too big, and no cup holders so I built new ones...now when you make them into beds, the sofa is 76'' long... with the set up, we both can lay on the couch and watch TV,.. I also made it where you can watch dvd's separate in the front and in the bedroom, so now no going out to the front to change a movie, and guest can watch what ever the want in the front...

hope you find these pics enjoyable, as I'm posting the finished project just to give others ideas...

lol... wife won't let me sell it...

kdbgoat said:
Man, that coach is lookin' good! I'm also glad you seem to be getting more confident in it and enjoying it more. Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

How's it going buddy, it been a year and I'm still messing with this coach...the light is on at the end of the tunnel though, and it's LED ..lol  ....I just tried to post the finished pics.... I re sized then to 25 % and they are still to large..most are under 2 mb...can I re size them again with out ruining the pics???

Greeneguy63 said:
All I can say is wow.  That is a beautiful remod.  Someone may have asked this question, but what was your total price for the remodel?

I am thinking about getting my first motorhome and am looking at some older Class C's.  The interiors are pretty awful on the ones I have looked at.  I am  thinking that  putting in nice carpet and updating the furniture will go a long way.

Thanks!

Patrick

sorry for the late reply...been a year..couldn't remember my pass word..and have been very busy with boating, and building a new house in havasu..
the biggest expense was the all new flex steel furniture..close to 10k there alone... and next was the all new flooring about 4k...I changed out all the lighting to LED.. some of the fixtures were 100 bucks each... so that really added up quick, I did all the tile work my self, that and the painting... so labor of love was the price..countless man hours and trips to home depot...

I'm too OCD to let anyone do my painting..and crooked tile work drives me nuts...you learn to hare RV steps doing the tile work...I got a quote to do the remodel ... drop it off and bring 50k....so I did it my self.. another thing I did was the front cbinett change... that left me with 2 little sun shades... so I removed them and got a full across the front drop down solar shade from MCD...now I can drop it down to block the sun at any level so no sun in my eyes when driving, also make it nice when parked

ok, so I resized the pics 25%...still to large, so I re sized them again...still too large..so this is the 3 re size

Attachments

• DSC03759.JPG
    DSC03759.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 16
ok, so that worked... the file is now 291kb... I thought it would make it too small to see... my camera makes them 8mb...
I hope I don't offend anyone by posting these finished pics of my motorhome,...and yes, I'm kinda proud of how it turned out..
I post' them on another rv web site and they delete them and banned me..I guess they didn't like the color or something....

some say I ruined the RV and some have actually said I did a good job.. I personally to hear both as if I did do somrthing that was wrong...I'd like to know as to never do it again..

so I'll leave to the board members here... if you would like to see the pics, I'll resize them and post... if not.. I won't..Peace to all

You could also post a whole set of photos [at their native size] on some "cloud" site and just post the URL link to them here. Dropbox, One Drive, or a photo storage site such as Flickr or Snapfish. Up to you...

Gary RV_Wizard said:
You could also post a whole set of photos [at their native size] on some "cloud" site and just post the URL link to them here. Dropbox, One Drive, or a photo storage site such as Flickr or Snapfish. Up to you...

pretty sure that is way beyond me...lol.. hope all is well in your life wizard..good to hear from you...

this rv was sold... my wife bought it from me and she will not sell it...

still try'n...

Attachments

• DSC03745.JPG
    DSC03745.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03746.JPG
    DSC03746.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03747.JPG
    DSC03747.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03748.JPG