remodel on my 04 alpine 34'r

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all the various post on your alpine I was surprised to see it on the for sale board.  Dick nvrver 

nvrver said:
all the various post on your alpine I was surprised to see it on the for sale board.  Dick nvrver
just too big for me and what I wanna do with it...it's a nice coach though

If you don't mind me asking,,, as I've had a few ask me .... where did you see the 34' alpines for sale? ??? ? I have searched every day on all the for sell sights and cannot find one 34'r for sale..thanks, steve

I'm merely quoting NADA average retail. My contention is that you make move "average" to "high" with superior condition, but you can't move it very far up in price because it's still a 2004 34 footer. At a higher price level potential buyers will see newer coaches or larger coaches for the same money and most will opt for that. Yours is probably "like new", but that only gets you so much extra before other factors outweigh it. 

PPL Motorhomes sold a 2004 38 foot Alpine for $48k last December. That's an actual cash price paid by a private buyer, so not an "dealer asking price". Yeah, it had 100k miles. Yeah, it probably wasn't as nice as yours. But a buyer could have to be convinced yours is worth more than twice as much, and that's a tall order.
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/diesel/2004-Alpine-31196.htm

I'm driving a lovingly maintained 40 foot 2004 American Tradition myself, a model somewhat upscale of the Alpine back when both were new. NADA value around $83k in average condition. No way could I get $110k for it. Would be very lucky to get $90k. A dealer might well ask more to give some bargaining room, but probably wouldn't expect to get it except maybe from an impulsive newbie.

Just my opinion - hope you get your price!

34'r with a 8.9 is in a class of it's own,... I've had offers of a trade for 40'rs plus they throw in boot...I think the 34' is too big.. and wouldn't even think 40' for anything I do...there's hundreds of 40'rs for sale everywhere and only a few 32-34......

Gary RV Roamer said:
I'm merely quoting NADA average retail. My contention is that you make move "average" to "high" with superior condition, but you can't move it very far up in price because it's still a 2004 34 footer. At a higher price level potential buyers will see newer coaches or larger coaches for the same money and most will opt for that. Yours is probably "like new", but that only gets you so much extra before other factors outweigh it. 

PPL Motorhomes sold a 2004 38 foot Alpine for $48k last December. That's an actual cash price paid by a private buyer, so not an "dealer asking price". Yeah, it had 100k miles. Yeah, it probably wasn't as nice as yours. But a buyer could have to be convinced yours is worth more than twice as much, and that's a tall order.

I'm driving a lovingly maintained 40 foot 2004 American Tradition myself, a model somewhat upscale of the Alpine back when both were new. NADA value around $83k in average condition. No way could I get $110k for it. Would be very lucky to get $90k. A dealer might well ask more to give some bargaining room, but probably wouldn't expect to get it except maybe from an impulsive newbie.

again I think you are missing the point... that's a 38'r with over 100k miles... kiss of death in the rv word...only ones who like rv's with over 100k are the current owners... then there's what you have to do to restore it..30k for a pint job of quality... they charge 100 k to gut and restore the interior..

I still own the alpine...and thinking that i'll keep it ,...lot of good miles left and it looks new..40'r with 400hp are about 1000 to 1 ....the holy grail is the 34'r....1200 torque on a 24k rig....drives like a sports car...with my triple axel trailer hooked up I'm still 10k away from GCWR...cruising 65mph up 6% grades is cool...

Gary RV Roamer said:

so my guess is you are about to make me an offer... surely you wouldn't spend all this time and energy, and go on a public web site and tell everyone that my coach isn't worth any thing and that yours is worth sooooooooooo much more unless you were trying to buy it.... right????

Sounds as if you are an RV flipper and like to try to use RV forums to generate the oooohhhs and aahhhhs you need to justify the price. RVers are a polite group and usually compliment others on their redo efforts. You wouldn't be taking advantage of that for free, would you?

I took the time to take pics and tell about some of the things you can do to upgrade, restore and  detail A 12yr old coach... I traded in a brand new motorhome for this 12 yr old coach... if that's flipping... I guess that's what I diid...after doing it... I really started to miss the new coach... so I bought it back..I now own both...this never was a "FOR SALE " thread... and frankly I don't care or wanna know who's coach is better than mine,,... and really didn't ask for it to be appraised by forum members..weather I decide to keep the alpine or the Winnebago doesn't matter to no one else but me as iit is my business...but all that being said to go on here and tell everyone it's not worth anything, and not as good as theirs..and there's is worth more is what I call thread crapping....as big as a worthless pile the alpine is,... I still like it ... it's paid for and can just rot away on my property

or force myself to drive it...

what gets me is something is only worth what some one is willing to pay... and no matter what you paid, someone always will say you paid too much...

I know people looking for 34' alpines....the question still stands,,,, where on the whole planet earth can you buy a nice 34'r for 40 to 60k????

or where is there even one for sale...

Nobody crapped on your thread. Facts were presented and if you can't handle the truth,  so be it. I have looked at motorhomes for sale for the last two years and have done a LOT of research.  If I saw your coach for sale for $110k, I wouldn't even open the ad for the details. That Alpine may be the "holy grail" to you, but it doesn't mean it is to everybody else. I will give credit where credit is due, in that you have made some nicely done upgrades to your coach and it looks nice, but it's like having the nicest house in the neighborhood when it comes time to sell. Asking more than comparable in the neighborhood will cause it to sit unsold for a while. Yep, I agree it is your business as you watch it on your property rotting away. Best of luck to you in whatever decision you make.

kdbgoat said:
Nobody crapped on your thread. Facts were presented and if you can't handle the truth,  so be it. I have looked at motorhomes for sale for the last two years and have done a LOT of research.  If I saw your coach for sale for $110k, I wouldn't even open the ad for the details. That Alpine may be the "holy grail" to you, but it doesn't mean it is to everybody else. I will give credit where credit is due, in that you have made some nicely done upgrades to your coach and it looks nice, but it's like having the nicest house in the neighborhood when it comes time to sell. Asking more than comparable in the neighborhood will cause it to sit unsold for a while. Yep, I agree it is your business as you watch it on your property rotting away. Best of luck to you in whatever decision you make.

this thread is about the remodel on my alpine..nothing good to say don't say nothing... I don't care what its worth its mine and paid for.. no one asked anyone here to buy it and I don't wanna sell it to anyone here...and I don't care what any of you think it's worth, as I never asked.... how bout I go on everyone else's threads and and start telling them it about how there coach is bottom line and not worth anything..this whole thread was turned into crap... and free appraisal on my stuff...

and nothing said was facts... just opinions... there is no 34' alpines for sale and there for sure is no 46k mile restored and detailed for under
100k.... show me one current add...

Quillback 424 said:
Sounds as if you are an RV flipper and like to try to use RV forums to generate the oooohhhs and aahhhhs you need to justify the price. RVers are a polite group and usually compliment others on their redo efforts. You wouldn't be taking advantage of that for free, would you?

where do you guys get this info???? I have never in my life time sold an rv to anyone... I've traded in to dealers ,, in fact most of the time the same dealer...

I traded in my Winnebago on the alpine.... missed owning the Winnebago... so I bought it back..I now own two and probley give one to my son.... if that's ok with everyone of corse.......................................

Quillback 424 said:
Why did IRV kick you off?

what does that have to do with the remodel of my alpine...

how do I delete this thread..

Don't understand why you would want to delete this thread. You obviously post often because you want others to know something about you. Right!

I don't like IRV either. Not because of the people, but because I think it is klunky in today's environment.

But, I didn't get kicked off either.

Why did they kick you off? Is banned the correct term?

Why he is no longer on IRV is not relevant to this thread, nor is it any of our business.

To MYRV2, there's no need to delete this thread. I think you are being too sensitive to things being said about the value of your coach. Nobody said anything about your coach being "bottom line". On the contrary, I think everyone likes your coach and thinks the updates were done nicely. Nobody said you had to sell it to someone here or sell it at all. If I remember correctly, an inquiry of a possible sale was made by a member here though. One poster said he saw it for sale at your dealer, posted the asking price, and it was followed up with facts presented that it isn't worth the the price your dealer listed. Another coach was compared to yours value wise and you start going off that someone says your coach is bottom line and all that. That is not was what said. The Alpine is a nice coach , but there are better coaches. It's just like my trailer is nice, but it's not a Grand Design and I know that. The modifications that you performed on the coach unfortunately don't add a lot of value to it to others. It's like fixing up an old car, one will put more money in it than what it's worth as a labor of love and to keep the car for a long time. They certainly don't do it to make a buck. Just chill out and join in other threads. It's obvious that you have skills and others could benefit from your experience, just as you were looking for answers when you joined here.

reworked the return air... and sealed up the duct work..got it about 20 ddegrees or more cooler and about 20 db quieter... now on high it's quieter than it was on low... got rid of the camper grille and replace it with a residential one...looks real good and clean....

where can I find led rv fixtures... I wanna change out the florescent fixtures

MYRV2 said:
where can I find led rv fixtures... I wanna change out the florescent fixtures

There's here (a sponsor of this forum), and here (lots of choices in color, etc) plus about a million places on eBay etc

Sun2Retire said:
There's here (a sponsor of this forum), and here (lots of choices in color, etc) plus about a million places on eBay etc

thanks so much for the reply...what I'm trying to do is replace the thin line flouresent fixtures...my coach is old and I'm try'n to up date it

I found the bulbs... but no fixtures.... the lenses keep falling off the stock ones ...

Sorry don't have an answer. Many here have replaced every single bulb with LED so maybe someone will have an answer. That was my initial plan also but the LED replacements for florescent are very expensive and since we typically only use the fluorescents as task lighting I'm now thinking about just keeping them and converting everything else. Must be someone selling LED thin line fixtures. I know M4 sells the bulbs but that doesn't help you.

Back
Top Bottom