Lance Squire 3000: Routing Wiring Correctly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesertMax

Hi Guys, I have a 1996 Lance Squire 3000 Truck Camper and need to install my Inverter and also
may be picking up a new Winegard Dome system.  For the inverter, I want the unit to be near the TV
table which is central to the antenna coax feed and 110 receptacle.  My rig has some custom work
on it where previous owner installed stereo and I see wires routing back there but wonder how to get
started.  For inverter routing since the house batt box is basically under the sink, I'm wondering if there
is a "behind the scenes" open area or crawl space if you will that leaves the under sink area and heads
towards the bunk to the front of the camper and then upwards to the TV table area?

Pretty much the same question for the Winegard Dome coax which I assume comes down the fridge vent
with the solar wiring but that is on the starboard side of the rig..  I would love to learn the behind the scenes
secrets of Lance campers..  Here is a shot of my stereo setup.

Attachments

• 5-25-16 008.jpg
    5-25-16 008.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 16
You need to install the inverter as close as possible to the batteries. Long cables reduce voltage considerably. 110 volt has a lot less of a problem with voltage drop. You want it to be five feet away at the most and use very heavy wires between them.

Oh, ok so now we are discussing wire sizes?  We can do that..  I have AWG 8 Gauge and that worked well in my last TC.
I am aware of the voltage drop problem but that does open up a bit of another quandary.. 

Other than basic modern camper design templates, one may wonder why Lance felt a special kind of excitement building the house batt
box in the "under the sink" WET ZONE?  I guess the inverter will be back under there again..  In my last rig, I fabricated a
waterproof box so if the sink drain or hot & cold water feed ever ruptured (which it did), we would not be spraying down the inverter..

And aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacually, that does not answer my primary question which was how to route wiring so it does not show??
Anyone else care to share there expertise in this area..  Much appreciated..

Attachments

• Wiring Gaggle.jpg
    Wiring Gaggle.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 12
Do you really expect anyone to offer help with your snarky response?
You may not CARE, but the posters response was what you NEEDED to know. I have read some of your other posts and honestly, if you ever sell your camper, I feel for the person buying it!  People like you are just plain dangerous!

Obviously you are oblivious to specs as you listed none... and your care is about looks and getting power source close to your stereo/tv which is opposite what you should be caring about. 

As the other poster was relating to... 120v has much, much less voltage drop than 12v/24v Dc.  The further you are from the battery, the cable size NEEDS to go up exponentially.

Back
Top Bottom