tv mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive used a number of mounts for small tv's in my converted Sprinter van, and while they all did the job fine for a time, they all bounced so much that it eventually broke the internal mounting out of the plastic housing on the rear of the tv. The mount never came off the wall and never let go of the tv; Its the tv that wasnt built to endure that amount of bouncing.  So....Im guessing most others who have encountered this issue have resorted to simply housing the entire tv in some sort of angled wall-mounted bracket or other housing with enough of a lip on the front face to hold the tv inside, while not interfering with the remote sensor and viewing area.  Im thinking of building this with 1/4 or 3/8 inch birch plywood or similar.  Anyone have a better idea?  Or seen it done and can point me to a source of pictures, to feed my noodling mind?  Thanks folks.

I just installed the tv with a standard mount and arranged it so I could strap it in place while moving. Worked just fine for two years.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom