whats the best 34'r on the market new...gas or diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm just wondering why you limited the RPM to 3500 in your test. Wouldn't it go up to 4000 or even higher on that grade?

so what happened to the excursion???? well, un belive able.... but true...I was building a spec house in havasu... out of pocket..

bout 80% done..a few things happen,, got some property back that I was carring the note...and aa few other things all at once...

need some cash quick..bank won't loan on a improved un finshed house..get the house done sell it and golden now

I bought the excursion for 128k... get offered 138k with the mods done... looks good to me bye falica!!!!!

so now on the hunt.... I come up with the idea, the best motorhome I every had was a 22' jamboree... loved the big cab bed .. boys used to sleep on the jack bed and dinette...so, a man on a mission.. I pick one out..lol... you should have seen the look my wife gave me when I showed her the brocher.... that's not a motorhome... that's a CRAMPER... have fun going init BY YOURSELF..... so I get her calmed down...come on baby,, just give it try... maybe you'll like it... no way herd that from you before.....lol... mans gotta try...so sitting there acting like a kid that found out there's no santa...wife come over to me and say's I'll go for the CRAMPER.... but it has to have a bed...I'm not climbing up the seat to get in bed like a cat....

so I find a 25 with the corner bed.....:D

Quillback 424 said:
I'm just wondering why you limited the RPM to 3500 in your test. Wouldn't it go up to 4000 or even higher on that grade?

that's where it was pulling... the new 6 speeds are goveren at 4200... so it won't down shift if it's gonna over rev...

pretty cool set up really and you can buy them on the cheep..around 74k new

so I buy the 25'r out of cal...they deliver it.... I take it over and put murdered out black 19.5's on it...

wife comes home from work, by then I had all the stickers peel off....she walks in.....what the hell is that... points at the bed over in the corner,,

it's the bed , just like you wanted honey.... but it's in the corner...how you susposed to make it..what happens if you wanna get out at night. to use the restroom...well honey, you climb over the top of me I said with a grin...i'm not sleeping over ther you are.... well ok... then I'll get on top:D

so we go to cal to the beach... she says... how long was out other Winnie? 26'I say.. and she starts showing me how I went though all these motorhome... and don't even have what I started with...so contray to others beliefs... the 26' class A has way more everything that a 26' class c

the a has more power, bigger brakes, bigger tires, walk around rear bed , split bath huge basement storage... and on and on... the dr. and pass. seats spin around and are on the same levl... so as i'm coming down cahone pass headed towars onterio.....I stay on the 215 and head to riverside.... wife looks up... you missed the turn no I didn't,.... yes you did..I have gps on my phone....it say take a right on the 10 freeway upahead...I blow right passed...you missed the turn..... lol...pull into the rv lot...whatch got with a walk around bed....:D

soooo we trade it in...2015 winnabago 26'r.....lol we have it about 2 months..... winnabgo comes out with a new designed vista...

new front end that is lower and it just looks way better.. they up graded the interior and dropped the sides 6'' which made all the boxes 6'' taller..so I call them...we haggleback and forth....they give me 64 for mone and 68 for theirs... plu another g for tax difference and delivery:D...now we have a 2016 :D

now.... what else can happen......I start reading where some of the coaches have a 6 speed and some don't

you guessed it... trade in for a 2016 with the 6 speed.... but that's not all, the newer one has a drop down bunk over the front seats, led  lights,
with switches on the wall... new d?cor,...tv moved to the side wall so both can see the tv a dinner time... the coach was really working good... wife still wants a sofa and dinette....

well... I've been looking for a Diesel with good suspemsion... and belive it or not ... all air ride is not the same... there is better valving and bags on the upper end coaches... after about 4 years of looking a guy tells me... you see a 34' with an 8.9... buy it and then go look what you got..

every time one would pop up... gone before I could go look...so when the 34 alpine poped up , big motor... I bought it and they took the Winnie trade..... smooth deal... drove my coach out to phoenix... drove the alpine back...

oh waait.... I missed one:D

while we were hating ford, and never ever gonna buy another one......I bought a 2005 journey... guy told me that was the bad boy to get huge power....so one popded up over on the coast at coneyho rv...I buy it... horrible ride home bouncing down the 210 wasn't fun.... and what going on with the 350hp... doesn't seem to have much more than the 300 hp.... I get home.... buddy comes over... how you like it... these things haul the mail huh!!! ah no... I think it gut less..... he walks around back and says... this coach has a 6.7 cat.... I told you to get the cummins.... they are 8.2 or get the cummins 400 they are 8.9 1200 tq....took a couple phone calls and.... bye falica....

So anway... am I crazy or what.... some say so... in fact most... what.. a nother motorhome... are you crazy or what?  but I think if you get it in your mind something isn't gonna work ... it will drive you crazy till you do something about it...

the way I see it at 63 yr old... don't have that many motorhome seasons left.... why spend them not liking what going on...

I did figure out to never tell them you aren't gonna finace...that's just another way to make money for them... that and the extended warranty...

most the time I start at 35% off sticker to start neg.... usally end up somewhere around 30% off.... I also find that the dealers are most always looking for units... so I try to trade within one model year... everyone I get is with the "this is the one, no more"...lol things happen...

the other thing is I always wait till the end of the month... the sales managers get a spiff if they sell a certain nimber of units... and get a chewy if they don't sell enough... so they are more willing to do a fast mini deal at the end of the month...lot of them say that they won't do a deal unless it's a 10 pounder... but they will make a deal if there something on the table...

so that's my story,.. for those who wondered....

I think the majority of us here are all at least 63 years old...so you are in good company.

The one thing I still don't don't understand is the absolute of.... 35 foot max.

Find the best rig you can, you may as well enjoy your money while you are alive, you're not taking it with you.....

I envy you,  If I had the money I'd buy a new rig every once and awhile just for the fun of it.

and just so you know there are speed laws for vehicles towing trailers in CA that say ...55MPH max.  I got a $400 ticket for doing 62 mph before.

TonyDtorch said:
I think the majority of us here are all at least 63 years old...so you are in good company.

The one thing I still don't don't understand is the absolute of.... 35 foot max.

Find the best rig you can, you may as well enjoy your money while you are alive, you're not taking it with you.....

I envy you,  If I had the money I'd buy a new rig every once and awhile just for the fun of it.

and just so you know there are speed laws for vehicles towing trailers in CA that say ...55MPH max.  I got a $400 ticket for doing 62 mph before.

so heres what happened... I built a 24' triple axel trailer for the 26'r... bought the 34 excursion... couldn't close the gate or get out of my property...
so I built another one triple axel 22'r...so now with the alpine with front mirrors... got about 1'' left...

I don't go to cal unless my wife makes me...but when I do I set the cruise at 60 mph... nev is 75 and az is 80... but with this coach I set the cruise at 62/63 

MYRV2 said:
do you have brakes on the toad???
Use to have a worthless brake buddy and it finally stopped working properly. Now I have no brakes back there but I only tow a 2 door TJ so it is not a huge beast back there. Keep looking at new brake systems but have not got around to it. Really can not even tell it is back there. Flame suit on.

530ktm said:
Use to have a worthless brake buddy and it finally stopped working properly. Now I have no brakes back there but I only tow a 2 door TJ so it is not a huge beast back there. Keep looking at new brake systems but have not got around to it. Really can not even tell it is back there. Flame suit on.
... I got banned once they figured out I was wearing one..

TonyDtorch said:

Well I'm 38 now (and bought our first RV at 29) so call me an outlier.  ;)  Being an analytical type, I do wonder what the mean/median age would be around this place.  RV'ing can definitely appeal to all age ranges and walks of life!  In many of the places where we camp, we see just as many younger families camping now as we do retired folks.

scottydl said:
  In many of the places where we camp, we see just as many younger families camping now as we do retired folks.

so, are you saying the majority of RVers are ...younger families ? 
I think that is wonderful.

but there is kinda a difference in "camping" and rv-ing

TonyDtorch said:
so, are you saying the majority of RVers are ...younger families ?

I think that is wonderful.

when my son moved out at 18... first thing he did was buy a house... God sent that the housing price's dropped as all my sons were able to afford a nice home...next thing he bought was an RV...he now has a 30' flair that he has in top shape as he is a mechanic... I kind of envy how well it perform and simple to understand..he' 27 now..

I suspect that "young families" are in the majority among those who consider themselves 'campers'.  I also l think that the majority of larger RVs and motorhomes are owned and used by older folks whose usage is 'traveling' or 'seasonal migration'. 

I would certainly think that those living full time in an RV would be mostly the older crowd.  Most young growing families might find it difficult to justify or afford the cost of owning a large RV for occasional use.

I'm am solidly in the 'older group'.  In this particular 'forum group', I am among the very oldest.  (that's oldest in age, not forum tenure).

Just Lou said:
I suspect that "young families" are in the majority among those who consider themselves 'campers'.  I also l think that the majority of larger RVs and motorhomes are owned and used by older folks whose usage is 'traveling' or 'seasonal migration'. 

I would certainly think that those living full time in an RV would be mostly the older crowd.  Most young growing families might find it difficult to justify or afford the cost of owning a large RV for occasional use.

I'm am solidly in the 'older group'.  In this particular 'forum group', I am among the very oldest.  (that's oldest in age, not forum tenure).

what gets me is the amount of money youngsters have now days..big boats, big motorhomes, cvac. homes.. unbelieable

Back
Top Bottom