adding wingman to batwing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roysleight

So I've decided to add the Wingman upgrade to the batwing antenna but there's not enough room for it when lowered.  I've got about six inches of space between the antenna head and the refer vent and need about ten inches.  It would fit if I were to mount the Wingman on top of the head instead of the bottom as suggested.  Anyone try this?  Would it still be effective in that position?  Hoping the air wave gurus out there can help me with this.

Another possibility would be to mount a pad on the roof for the antenna to rest on when lowered but about four to five inches higher than normal so that the Wingman would clear the vent.  Would it ride okay in that position when rolling?  Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks for the reply John.  That would make it fit but I worry that it would reduce the effectiveness of the Wingman too much.  What if I were to modify it so that the last element was turned up 90 degrees.  I'd have the clearance I need, but do you think it would significantly lose performance?

roysleight said:
Thanks for the reply John.  That would make it fit but I worry that it would reduce the effectiveness of the Wingman too much.  What if I were to modify it so that the last element was turned up 90 degrees.  I'd have the clearance I need, but do you think it would significantly lose performance?
Was it you that asked this question in another forum?  If its not aligned with the other elements, cut it off. At 90 degrees it is totally ineffective. I may be forgetting this but I think I said Winegard will tell you the same thing. If it wasn't you, the response is still the same.. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom