The passing of Ned Reiter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
It was with deep sadness that we heard of the passing of Ned Reiter. Ned lost his battle with cancer at 9:00pm last evening. Many of Ned's friends and forum staff had been following Ned's blog on Caring Bridge.

Ned was a long-time forum staffer and a technical support to many, both on and off the forum. He would often make "house calls" at forum rallies, helping folks with computer, networking, and other technical issues.

A private ceremony involving spreading of his ashes will be held, possibly in Milwaukee in August. A memorial service will be held in the Fall (Oct/Nov) with friends and neighbors in Texas. More details later.

Ned's wife Lorna, a friend of many forum members, continues to read the forum, although they had sold their motorhome.

Please keep Lorna and their family in your thoughts and prayers.

Ned will be missed a lot. He was the very essence of framily, knowledgeable, helpful, gentle and a very nice man. Though we only met him and Lorna a few times in person, we considered them friends, as well as framily.

My wife and I send our prayers out for Lorna and the family, and to other's here that were close to them. :'(

Prayers and good thoughts to Lorna, Ned was a solid man. I am very much saddened at the news.

I will miss his presence on the forum. When Ned answered a question I could always depend on his wisdom and experience. We are all a little poorer with his absence.

Twenty years ago, Ned was the very first RVForum person I met face-to-face, at a rally in Ft Meyers, FL.  Our similar backgrounds (and attitudes!) helped make us instant friends and we shared many a Happy Hour and evenings around a campfire. Gonna miss that guy a lot! RIP, buddy.

I never got to meet Ned face-to-face, but did have some very enjoyable conversations via PMs.  I always appreciated his wise, helpful and friendly advice to folks here on the forum.  We will all miss him greatly.  Prayers go up for Lorna and family.

We only met Ned and Lorna one time a few years back at a small get together in SE MN, where we very much enjoyed visiting with them. All the best to Lorna.

We got to meet Ned and Lorna some years ago, first in FL at Lazy Days, and then when they visited us here in Yellowstone.  Ned was always a voice of reason and knowledge.  Blessings to his family and to Ned, now making the rounds in a better place.

We met Ned and Lorna at our first rally with with the RVFORUM many years ago and have looked forward to seeing them at each rally that we attended. Ned and Lorna will be sadly missed.

Wayne & Judy

Ned provided solid information to my questions.  He will be missed. May he rest in peace.  Please forward my best wishes to Lorna.

I got to have breakfast with Ned and Lorna at Death Valley about five years ago. He will be missed. I hope Lorna checks in and lets us know how she is doing.

We met Ned and Lorna twenty years ago at one of the early RV Forum rallies at Quartzsite.  Over the years Ned has helped legions of forum members, including myself, out of computer pickles.  I always prefaced my inquiries with "I know you're busy, no rush, wait to answer until you have time, etc."  It was usually only minutes before he answered with the solution to my problem.  He was a very knowledgeable, giving, caring person.  A true gentleman.  We will miss you greatly, Ned.  Big bear hugs to Lorna.

Chrystal and I only met Ned and Lorna once and that was last year at the Palo Duro rally.  I have followed him on the forum and he will be missed.  Sad news indeed.  Prayers go out to Lorna.

Mike.

I too am saddened. Ned was knowledgeable and always very helpful, he would have been a great guy around a camp fire. My thoughts are with Lorna and family through this difficult time, a brighter day will dawn.

I don't have it, but I believe that Don Miller does. I think it best that folks ask, and receive it via email or PM.

Donna and I first met Ned and Lorna at a Rally in 2008, then again when we were both in Yuma & Quartzsite in 2010.  Lorna, Donna and I extend our deepest sympathy, we know you will miss him but you have so many good memories to think about.  Accept our love and keep in touch.

Ed & Donna

Back
Top Bottom