The passing of Ned Reiter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pat and I met Lorna and Ned way back when we still had the Seabreeze at one of the early Quartzite rallies.  We became friends and have met them various places.  Ned was a great help to this computer appliance operator and will be missed.  I remember taking them to a steak house near us and Ned had a great steak.  Years later they were back and that steak house was gone and he remarked about how good it had been.

I thought Ned was a good guy and a great help to all that asked him for it.  He will be greatly missed by yours truly!  :( :'(

Ned and Lorna were some of our early and dearest friends on the Forum.

Lorna we miss him but hope to see you soon.

Jeff and Sue

Its always sad to hear of someone passing that has helped so many, we are all going to be there some time also, but to live your life helping people is the best way to live as it seems Ned has RIP.

Ned was a good friend to many of us in the RV Forum.  He was one of the "good guys" who was always willing to help us, especially when it related to computers.  I'm not exactly sure when we met Ned and Lorna but I have photos dating back to 2004 so it's been a while!  Here's a particularly good one from a happy hour during the Moab 2005 rally.  Rest in peace, Ned.  We will miss you!

ArdraF and JerryF

Attachments

• Planning-12 (Medium).JPG
    Planning-12 (Medium).JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 93
Aww, that's sad news indeed.  I never met Ned, but his technical advice was always spot on.  Best wishes, Lorna, in this very tough time.  ...  Steve

Ned was a long time friend. He and Lorna were one of the first fulltimers we met. We are sad but glad that his pain and suffering is over. SKP hugs to Lorna and to those of the Framily.

Jack and Liz Pearce,
Hondo, TX

I met Ned a few years ago in New Braunfels when he asked me to do some repairs on flooring in the coach. Nice guy. RIP, sir

Marlene and I met Ned and Lorna at our first Quartzsite rally in 1999. We spent a lot of time with them at so many Framily get togethers after that and whenever we would be in the Milwaukee area during the summer. I was an early beta tester for his Rolling Stock software and still contacted him this year to help diagnose problems I created. We kept on talking about getting together but with us both selling our coaches, it wasn't possible over the last few years. Ned and Lorna were great friends and Ned will be sorely missed by all of us.

One of my favorite photos with Ned (center), Ron Ruward (right) and yours truly; Three staffers in deep thought over a forum issue at an RV Forum Moab rally.

Attachments

• Tres_hombres.jpg
    Tres_hombres.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 115
We too are so sorry to hear of Ned's passing.  He was one of the first Framily members to greet us at either the 2004 or 2005 Moab Rally.  Great guy, full of knowledge and always willing to help.  I think the last time we saw Ned and Lorna was at Quartzsite several years ago.

Rest in peace Ned.

Marsha and Tim

Although we never had the opportunity to meet Ned in person, we always appreciated the wisdom he shared on this forum.  We will miss his presence here. Our deepest sympathies to Lorna.  RIP Ned.

Steve & Dee

Even though I never met Ned in person I could tell he was not only extremely knowledgeable but very helpful.  I enjoyed reading his posts as he imparted his knowledge to others.  Our prayers are with Lorna and the rest of his family.

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful replies.  Ned and I had almost 29 years together and they were wonderful loving years.  I am missing him so much but glad that he isn't suffering anymore.  Thanks for the cards that I have received, but I would really love to have you come and visit me during the fall, winter, and spring.  There is a FHU site and an electric and water site available here on the lot.  Just email me if you would like to visit at [email protected]

Love and hugs to all of you,
Lorna

Lorna, I never met you or Ned but you both seem like the type of people we love to meet in our travels. I will be praying that God's strength will bring you through this.

Glen

I always read Ned's advice and enjoyed his answers.

Tom said:
One of my favorite photos with Ned (center), Ron Ruward (right) and yours truly; Three staffers in deep thought over a forum issue at an RV Forum Moab rally.

Now that definitely looks like a "meeting of the minds" ... Ned was a special guy no doubt.  :)

gwcowgill said:
Lorna, I never met you or Ned but you both seem like the type of people we love to meet in our travels. I will be praying that God's strength will bring you through this.

Glen

I always read Ned's advice and enjoyed his answers.

My sentiments exactly!  Lorna, the online RV "framily" is with you all the way.  (hugs)

I feel terrible. A month has gone by and I just now discovered the sad news.

It never ceases to amaze me that even though many of us have never met in person, somehow we all feel connected on a personal level. I am so sorry to read of Ned's passing. He has helped me many times over the years with computer issues. As mentioned before, he was "Johnny on the spot" when it came to solutions. He never hesitated to share his knowledge. A true gem. We have lost a true friend and asset to this forum.

Lorna, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom