Litter box location in travel trailer part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arkansas

I had searched the subject of litter boxes and found an older thread. But would love some new suggestions on the litter box location. The consensus then seemed to be in the shower. Not sure this would work in my small bathroom with glass door. I've also seen on Pinterest of putting under one of the booth seats where there is storage. Mine is not tall enough. Just a note: I did see a comment on the older post from DearMissMermaid, ".. it's always good that pets get to explore the RV some before you head down the road. The more visits before the trip, the better for all of you. ". Thought this was great advise!

I understand your problem. We have a 28' Class C and the only option is the shower - there just is no room elsewhere. If your rig turns out to be in the same category, then you may have to consider removing the glass shower door and replacing it with a vinyl curtain of some sort.

Good luck.
Bill

A couple of years ago, a couple in a Monaco motorhome across the road had cut a hole in the floor, and had the litter box  in a storage compartment. I thought it was a shame to cut a hole in the floor. Eddie Elk.

Ours is under the platform bed. DH cut a hole in the thin paneling between the supports for the cat's access. Works great. We just raise the bed to clean it.

This can be a tough one Arkansas!  My shower has a glass door too so that option is out (leaving the door open is a real nuisance).  Inside the restroom is a possibility but that requires leaving that door open, which is also a nuisance.  So, mine sits out in the shower/vanity area - far from ideal.  I really like the basement idea but I've not yet found a spot in my coach that would work very well.  On cold winter nights I think it would be nice to have it in the bedroom so I could close the door and keep the heat in (and cat) but I really don't want it sitting on my bedroom carpet.  I know... picky... picky... picky...  ;) :)

In all fairness, I should note that my cat is pretty clean (as cats and litter boxes go) so I'm probably just a clean freak - never happy.  ::)

Thanks for all the replies! Taking down the shower door and replacing with a shower curtain might be an option. As for cutting holes, I'm sure my hubby would nix that! I have thought about just putting by the bed.  That way out of sight. I will just clean more often than at home. I did see a "cabinet" on Amazon.  It looked pretty cool. Kinda pricy at $100. I'd have to measure to see how much in the way. Still open for more ideas!

I also have a class C, and made a small platform to make the box level between the drivers and passengers seats when not in motion.  It's basically level with the living room floor and pushed back all the way so the back of the box touched the dog house over the engine.  We just set it on the bedroom floor when in motion, I don't think she has ever attempted to use it going down the road, but could if she wanted too.
  Construction is simple measure distance between arm rests of drivers and passengers stairs.  Then measure the distance from the end of dog house over engine to your living room floor and add a couple inches.  You want one end to lay flat on the floor.  Cut a piece of plywood to these dimensions.  I have a small step down to the cab area so I used 3 legs.  Now test fit your piece of plywood and with a small level hold it level with one end resting on the living room floor and measure your legs to the floor of the cab from under side of plywood at the corners closest to the dog house.  Cut (2) 2x4 pieces of wood to this length and attach with screws and glue.  The third leg goes from the center of the plywood to my little step down into the cab.  I attached my corner legs oriented front of rv to back not side to side and added a third piece of 2x4 side to side at the bottom for support and spray painted the whole thing. 

Attachments

• IMG_20160629_102325797.jpg
    IMG_20160629_102325797.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 32
You could train your kitty that the only place to go potty is outside. My kitty would stand by the door and meow when it was time to go out or if I was sleeping come wake me up to go outside. It really didn't take to long to teach kitty the litter box was outside under the trailer.

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.

Back
Top Bottom