Shade Awnings - where to buy ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hi Guys

Im thinking of buying a shade/screen panel to attach to our A&E Awning.

THIS is available at Camping World, but it only has 2 points to secure to the ground.

Ive seen several at CGs which run the length of the awning and have ground ties every 1ft or so.

But I can't seem to find any supplier for them.

Any suggestions please ?

Thanks
Paul

Hi Mick

I found that one too, but it still hasnt enough ground fasteners AND it finishes too high off the ground.

Im after one that goes down to 6inch to a foot off the floor, with lots of securing points.

I know I can buy clips and fasteners for it, bit I would rather buy something ready made.

Paul

LOL - No

Your getting colder!

The first one was the sort - a single side shade rather than a whole room.

Paul

Paul,

I'm certain that our American friends know exactly what it is you require and any minuet there will be loads of suggestions from where you can buy one of those shades you want. :)

Hi Paul

I've got a couple of numbers that will make them to measure !!

I think they are down here (Florida) with the snow birds till end of March

I'll dig them (the numbers) and ring you

Lindsay & Lynda

p.s. we should compile both lists of problems we have had with Fleetwood and put them on the forum to see what other RVers think,
i know now why there is such things as lemon laws !!
we must have had the worst lemons out that factory ever
as you know we had at one stage we had over 70 issues with our coach

Hi Lindsay

Im probably going to cause all sorts of trouble here, but I will say it anyway :-

The reason we have IDENTIFIED so many problems with our RVs is that WE DRIVE THEM !!

There are far too many RVs purchased which are used for a few weeks each year - perhaps just doing 4,000 or 5,000 miles per year.

So, the (Fleetwood) warranty will expire after that first 12 months AND THEN people start to notice stuff in years 3 and 4.

They THINK they've done well not to have had (m)any issues for the first couple of years of ownership and "expect" things to go wrong when the RVs "get older".

Paul

Paul,

I'm not sure if anyone answered your question, but I purcahased my shade sections from this company at much less the cost that at CW. It is very well made, the top slides into the awning groove full length, and it has 4 gromments for tie downs.  It also came with the tie downs and stakes.  If contacted, they will send you color samples for you to select, and have many different lengths, I believe, in 2' increnments.

http://www.sunpromfg.com/awningdrapes.asp

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for the link.

I had, just this weekend, come across www.arizonarvparts.com

I think they are the same company - and yes, they have a bigger range and are MUCH cheaper than CW.

Thanks
Paul

I have been doing the same search - and the azrv parts in Yuma is about half the price than Carefree - one difference I have seen is that the Carefree side panel is tapered along the top, and the other is not. I think I'll just put the sunny side of the awning that needs the panel - up and level to use it. I like that the fabric is an 85% block - some others are only in the 60% range -not as effective in the heat.
good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom