Winegard Satllite Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hammer1

Has anyone else had this problem, & if so, do you know how to fix? Or know of a good reputable dealer for repairs. Considering Lazy Days in Tampa. You may email me at: [email protected]  Thanks to you all in advance.

WINEGARD CORRESPONDENCE

Me: 6/23/16--I have a Winegard in motion model RT1235t, not sure which is the SN#, RTTEAJ2420 & then there is a long # 0218110543572338. Please advise which is the SN#. It is mounted on a 2011 Winnebago Class A coach.
Problem is no reception, called Dish 1st & they came & checked the receiver, gave it an okay. They would not get into the Winegard system for obvious reasons. It now has decided it only wants to get satellites # 61.5, 72 & 77.
Your advice & directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance, Vernon Norris
                                            Valdosta, Georgia

WINEGARD: 6/24/16---Vernon,
If the Winegard is looking for the 61.5/72/77 satellites then the dip switches in the dome must not be set properly. To verify that somebody would have to get on the roof, remove the dome from the base and check the dip switches on the electronics. They should be set to number 4,7,8 in the down position and everything else up.
Thank you,
Winegard Technical Service 800-788-4417  www.winegard.com

ME:----6/24/16----Any chance you have a photo of the dip switches, and how could they have possibly changed from the 4,7,8..
Your help is much appreciated

WINEGARD:----- 6/24/16--Vernon,
Attached is a picture of what the dip switches will look like. It is not going to be exact to your model, but will be similar. As for the dip switches getting changed on their own, I can't think of how that would happen, it is just something I would check. If they are correct then there is most likely a failure in the electronics.
Thank you,  Winegard Technical Service

Me: The fine folks at Camping World walked me thru  properly setting the switches, which I did. Still locking on 61.5 satellite. I was informed the diagnostic cost & part replacement if found, may exceed the cost of a new unit. Could you recommend a dealer that has certified technicians to work on your systems? Also, do you have a trade in/ trade up program available?

No response as of 6/30/16 from Winegard.

61.5, 72, & 77 are the Eastern arc satellites.  Some receivers receive both Eastern or Western while others can handle only one or the other.  Since your satellite dish is already seeking the Eastern arc, It would cost much less,  and should be far easier, to have Dish change your account to Eastern arc than it would be to change the rood-mounted Satellite dish.

Dish changed my mh setup to Eastern arc a few months ago when I got a new receiver.  Stick house is still on Western arc.

I went to the Winegard Site and at this page down at the bottom is the "find a dealer", click on this and go to that page and enter your zip code and you will find dealers in your area, I would believe they should be able to help you.

Good Luck

The information is out there, all you have to do is let it in.

afchap said:
61.5, 72, & 77 are the Eastern arc satellites.  Some receivers receive both Eastern or Western while others can handle only one or the other.  Since your satellite dish is already seeking the Eastern arc, It would cost much less,  and should be far easier, to have Dish change your account to Eastern arc than it would be to change the rood-mounted Satellite dish.

Dish changed my mh setup to Eastern arc a few months ago when I got a new receiver.  Stick house is still on Western arc.

Dish receivers are not arc specific. Only the dish and its aiming are arc specific.

NY_Dutch said:
Dish receivers are not arc specific. Only the dish and its aiming are arc specific.
But the account is last I checked

Dish receivers will work on either eastern or western arc. The only problem is that local channels for your home area may only be on one or the other. So if you are at your home location and you set up your dish on EA and your local channels are on WA only, you won't get them. These locals are only spot beamed so once you move a few hundred miles from home you loose them no matter which setup you're using.  You can use either set of satellites as long as you're not concerned with locals.

Apparently accounts are not arc specific as my account has two receivers on the Western arc (stick house) and one receiver on the Eastern arc (motorhome). My service address is in East Texas. It was my understanding that when Dish recently upgraded my old RV receiver, they switched it from the Western arc to the Eastern arc because the Eastern arc portable dish can receive three satellites with just two LNBs. Even the tech to came to do the setup was a bit puzzled by the change. Dish antennas/LNBs are arc-specific.  As one poster earlier stated, he carries both type LNBs and swaps them out depending on which arc he wants to use in a specific location. I presume that all he needs to do when he switches LNBs/arcs is to run the check switch program to set the receiver for that arc.

The two LNB eastern arc setups only receive the 61.5 and 72.7 satellites. The 77 sat is rarely needed in the US now. I have both eastern and western arc triple LNB sets for my portable 1000.4 dish and switch as needed. The changeover only takes a couple of minutes plus the check switch time.

NY_Dutch said:
The two LNB eastern arc setups only receive the 61.5 and 72.7 satellites. The 77 sat is rarely needed in the US now. I have both eastern and western arc triple LNB sets for my portable 1000.4 dish and switch as needed. The changeover only takes a couple of minutes plus the check switch time.
I get a tone on all three Eastern arc sats when it is well - aimed.  Whether or not 77 is actually used I don't know. My understanding is that the larger horns on the lnb's allows the dish to see both 77& 72.5 on one lnb due to their close proximity.  Whatever,  it works.

afchap said:
I get a tone on all three Eastern arc sats when it is well - aimed.  Whether or not 77 is actually used I don't know. My understanding is that the larger horns on the lnb's allows the dish to see both 77& 72.5 on one lnb due to their close proximity.  Whatever,  it works.

I would still peak it on 61.5 and 72.7, disregarding 77.

Back
Top Bottom