Carrier Air conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ray091

The previous owner of my Fleetwood Mallard trailer installed an after market air conditioner. The only info I can find on it is the name "Carrier Air V".

It works OK but I need to get filter replacements. Found the web site for Carrier on the internet and sent them an email asking if there was a rep or retailer in Western Washington that could help me, but no reply so far.

Anyone know where I can get information about this air conditioner unit on the internet or a retailer/dealer in Western Washington that i can contact about the filters?

Thanks for the help

There's no reason to believe the A/C was an after market one.  For several years lots of Carrier A/C's were OEM items on a number of RVs.  Unfortunately, Carrier exited the RV business several years ago and, to my knowledge, provides no support for products in the field.  RV forums are full of threads about people who discovered that they had to replace their A/C because Carrier doesn't sell parts or provide tech support.

Filters, though, should be easy enough to source. They aren't really an OEM part. At worst, you might have to get filter material and cut your own to size.

What does yours look like? Just a foam pad, or something more elaborate?

Carrier no longer makes RV air conditioners. they stopped several years ago.. Many RV stores may still have replacement filters (Do not know never had to replace mine)_ or you can cut universal filter cloth and mount it in the filter holders and that will work.

I have one and one half Carrier Air V here (yes one half)  If yours ever fail I can help you with replacement.

NOTE: on mine coming off the compressor two pipes form kind of a "U" trap  These pipes were touching each other.. That is why it failed, They must NOT touch

On another campers they were encased in foam.. So as to prevent them from touching.

Next time you go up for cleaning.. Make sure those pipes do not touch.

You can try RV Air filters. They have a number of OEM filters with MERV 6 ratings. We've had good luck with them in ours.

http://rvair.com/

https://www.amazon.com/AC-105G-RV-Air-Filter/dp/B071GRY6RL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499283297&sr=8-1&keywords=RV+AIR+105G

Never heard from the O/P.. I Do have a spare pair of filters,, No reason to think I'll ever need 'em.

Oh. I'm in eastern lower MI just now,, Flint/Port Huron area.

Back
Top Bottom