sliding roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ranger magnum

Ok, so I recently picked up a 36' Fleetwood diesel pusher (up from a 30' bounder, and there from a 20' class C)

Suffice it to say I am hooked, and will never own anything but a diesel. (I've owned morning but Cummins powered dodge trucks since 1999, and have amassed almost 800k miles between the 4 I have had).

I am a contractor by trade, as well as a classic Chevy restorer. I do museum quality work, and do all paint/mechanical/fabrication work myself.

So I am well versed in construction and automotive mechanical work. I also have pretty decent skills in RV repair.

As I look to upgrade my coach, I've decided that I want to do a bus conversion. I want to build a luxury coach, and have some pretty good ideas on things I want to do. One of my ideas is to build a two person hot tub in the master bath. I know what the limitations are, and am working ideas in my head on how to get around them. But my question is this: has any one seen a power sun roof in a bus? Say 5' wide by 6' long? I'd love to be able to sit in the hot tub and with the push of a button, have a sliding roof retract and be under the stars.

Maybe this is not possible, but it is common in the car world to install 44" moon roofs into B body cheats. Why not scale it up?

Thoughts or ideas?

Would there be enough roof without vents, lights, AC or other stuff to slide the panel into/onto?

You have one of two options with a solid panel: up and over the roof or down and between roof and liner.

Thought just occurred to me, split panel with each half sliding up and sideways.

You would have to be very careful on your coach purchase,,none of the GMCs would be an option, they are monocoupe construction and DON'T like holes cut in them. Others that have steel frames like the MCI's or Eagles have flimsy frame sections in some areas and any mod;s would weaken them.. You would also have to move up to the later year models to get a 102 inch width for the added room you will need,,,as you can see it will take a fair amount of study to incorporate all you want,,,,,and of course mountains of cash.>>>Dan

Ranger Mag.,, if your the least interested in a coach conversion,, go to "Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board".. This bunch has more accumulated knowledge than any where else on the web.>>>Dan (It CAN get rough and tumble at times, but a good place for info)

Back
Top Bottom