RV Mattresses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeRV333

Hi all,

I'm wondering, what percentage of RV owners do you think replace/upgrade their mattresses? Either just putting toppers on or completely replacing the mattress itself.

Thanks!

Replacement depends on how old your RV is and if you like your current mattress so the answer? It depends.......

We replaced our leaking sleep-number bed with a Tuft and Needle Queen mattress ($600) Fits great. When I removed the whole thing I noticed mold inside the hoses, so I think it was a good time to let it go. Be aware that some RVs have a "RV queen size" that is actually smaller then the standard 80x60 inch so don't forget to measure!

We had a pop-up and the mattresses were actually pretty nice - did nothing. Had 2 TTs and used an "egg crate" topper in each that was comfortable. We now have a 5th wheel and the mattress is horrible. Egg crate did nothing so we got a memory foam topper which helps some. The mattress is just too thin so we are looking to upgrade it.

We bought a used tt and the mattress was not bad but we have a 4" memory topper on our bed at home so I purchased a topper for the tt as well.

We have always changed to a good regular mattress. We hit the store that sells mattresses and buy it.

We've put foam toppers on the mattress in our trailers and have been pleased with the result.

we have the same mattress as the one at home.  I had to extend the bed frame/plywood a few inches(walk around queen) but it was worth it

Back
Top Bottom