Anti rattle device for hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1carguy

Has anyone tried one of the anti rattle clamps that goes on your receiver/hitch to reduce the play that causes the clunking and banging around when towing? I've always wondered why these hitches/receivers weren't made with tighter tolerances to reduce the movement of the hitch. All of them seem to be this way though. I pull a 31' TT with a 2500 Sierra crew cab using an equalizer bar type hitch. The trailer is about 6000lbs empty. It tows great but sometimes clunks over bumps or driveways. I want to try one but don't know which type clamp to try.

I have one and it does take the up and down slop out of the receiver tube,
Works great on a loaded motorcycle rack,  but I don't know about a 6k trailer.

it removes the upward movement of the hitch by pushing on an adjustable 1/2 bolt.... so it may be fine.

That's a shame to charge that much. A Unistrut beam clamp is less than $3. Unfortunately they are only 1 5/8", not 2".

kdbgoat said:
That's a shame to charge that much. A Unistrut beam clamp is less than $3. Unfortunately they are only 1 5/8", not 2".

Pfft...that's cheap...

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ox-BX88224-Immobilizer-Receiver/dp/B00403LNQI

:D

There are a lot of similar products out there. Most work...to one degree or another.

One of those came with my motorcycle carrier. It did a so/so job of stabilizing the carrier.

I took it off when I modified the carrier with two more brackets holding the ends to the bumper.  The modifications I made completely silenced the noise from the carrier moving in the receiver.

I've also seen wedges that you put into the receiver to tighten up the hitch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom