EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: New Micro 1706 TT - How does Winegard TV Antenna work?  (Read 744 times)

Micro1706

• ---
New Micro 1706 TT - How does Winegard TV Antenna work?
« on: July 02, 2016, 06:35:35 PM »
We just got a new micro minnie 1706fb TT, with a factory installed Winegard Sensar 3 Antenna.  Worked when the tech did the walk thru, but that was in spokane.  We live in between mountains in tiny rural village in north Idaho...when I try doing what I saw during the walkthru, no stations found after the scan.  Lots found on the RF (radio frequency?) but no TV stations.  Is this normal, possible, etc...
I'm told this antenna should "increase UHF performance and Free digital programming..."  ??  Again, not sure if we understand what is possible or available, or even if it's worth the trouble.  The TV & antenna are part of the unit, from the factory.
Any suggestions or advice will be kindly appreciated
cheers

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Re: New Micro 1706 TT - How does Winegard TV Antenna work?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »
http://www.receptionmaps.com/Advanced-TV-Maps.html

Go there and put in your address to see what TV stations are broadcasting in your area. If they are over 40 miles away you might not be able to pick them up. If less than 40 miles you will have to see what is wrong with your system.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
Grand Canyon photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

Micro1706

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 08:01:08 PM »
Thank you.  It seems I should be getting coverage as several are only 9mi away.  However, the area is valleys and mountains all around, so perhaps coverage is weak.  Will test a bit more when I am in spokane again.  Appreciate the great site.  thank you
cheers

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 08:11:23 PM »
Do you have the power switch on for the amplifier?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

Micro1706

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 08:33:29 PM »
There is a small "booster" switch on the plate where the coax cable leaves the wall and heads to the back of the TV.  I have tried the scan search for channels with the button toggled in, toggled out, and changing during the scan, and nothing.  I am surrounded by very tall trees, a large warehouse (3 stories tall) about 1 yard away from the back of the tt, and mountains on the other side.  Not sure of the reception in this specific spot.
thanks

John Canfield

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Jane and John's Internet Home
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 07:37:23 AM »
http://www.receptionmaps.com/Advanced-TV-Maps.html
Go there and put in your address to see what TV stations are broadcasting in your area. If they are over 40 miles away you might not be able to pick them up. If less than 40 miles you will have to see what is wrong with your system.
This. 

Digital over the air TV is VHF/UHF and is line of sight and is greatly affected by trees, buildings, distance from the transmitter.
--John
2005 Horizon 40AD, 2006 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Our Horizon projects
Our weather

Micro1706

• ---
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2016, 08:42:28 AM »
thanks - I thought I had read something along those lines a while back.  I do feel it will work again in a more open space.  I appreciate the input.  cheers

nvrver

• ---
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 01:41:13 PM »
on your booster switch (amplifier switch) there should also be a LED light when the amp is on.  Does your switch have a LED light?  Dick
Charter Life Member Good Sam
RVing since 1984
2006 Winnebago Class C, Ford V-10
2013 Honda CR-V EX AWD
Member WIT - Washoe Winnies

Micro1706

• ---
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 05:59:39 PM »
No it does not.  The booster switch is a small tiny plastic toggle tip, that when depressed is on, and when extended out is off.
It is part of the plate on the wall from which the coax cable leaves and attaches to the back of the tv.  Almost identical to a light switch plate.  On one side is a 12v receptacle (cig.lighter) in the middle is this tiny toggle tip, and the the right is the co-ax cable connecter.
I saw it work as is, at the dealer, during the walk thru.  I have the walk thru on go pro video, so I have seen that nothing has changed in the configuration.  I plan on testing it as soon as I get out in the open again.
thanks for the help
cheers

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
When you press the switch in, an LED on the panel should light up to indicate there's power going to the antenna mounted amplifier. Check your 12-volt fuse panel, or there may be an inline fuse holder behind the panel.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

Micro1706

• ---
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 07:45:16 PM »
Thanks...not sure what panel you refer to.
The receptacle cover does not have any led on it.
It worked flawlessly in spokane, but we are sided by steep mountains, very tall trees, and a 2 to 3 story warehouse a few feet away.
I have a feeling it will work better in more open territory.
Thanks again for all the interest, time, and advice that I receive on this site.
We sure appreciate how it has made this learning curve a bit less daunting.
all the best

nvrver

• ---
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 12:52:38 PM »
Sounds like Winegard has gone cheap if no LED.  If it were mine, I would modify it and add a LED.  Dick
Charter Life Member Good Sam
RVing since 1984
2006 Winnebago Class C, Ford V-10
2013 Honda CR-V EX AWD
Member WIT - Washoe Winnies

Hosted by Over The Network