Hibrid pulled by a Toyoto 4 Runner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobbyandmary

Looking at a Toyota 4 Runner to pull a Aerolite Hybrid. 4 Runner is rated at 5000 lbs, trailer is 3200 lbs. We see no problem with this. Does anyone use this combination?

Welcome to the RV Forum!
Many here will give you information and opinions on towing. Our main objective will be keeping you safe.

Is that 3200lbs dry weight? I doubt you will be going camping in a completely empty trailer.

It's close.  I take it you haven't bought the RV yet. Dealers are notorious for only quteing the empty or dry weight.  Call them and get the gross weight.  If they tell you they don't know. their lieing.  Is on the weight capacity sticker . If it one lbs over 5000 your Toyota is not going to fly

I pull a recently acquired 2007 Chalet Arrowhead Trail Boss version with my 2008 V6 2wd 4runner. This is the 3rd 4R I've owned over 20 years.

Specs on the camper are 1580#, and loaded out I'm sure easy to add another 200-300#.  I immediately bought and installed a brake controller to utilize the trailer's brakes.

I'm usually an easy driver, and try to help my vehicles a bit. Coast when possible, use 4th rather than Drive as needed.

Very satisfied with this combo so far. Just did a 400mi trip this past wkd, longest yet.  Also have midsize boat, and atv trailer, have pulled these and other trailers for many years with all three 4Rs.

Not much help to you, other than high confidence with Toyota.

That Hybrid might have some wind resistance as well, as approaching high end of weight spectrum?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom