Kohler 2.5 Kw Propane Genset not getting fuel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

idaguy

Hello, New to the forum. I recently purchased an 87 lance 11.3 and have been testing all the components out. I have gotten everything to work except for the generator and dometic fridge. Unfortunately the outlook for the fridge is looking bleak. As for the Genset (kohler 2.5 KW propane) everything seems fine with it, it turns over fine when hitting the start button and it has a spark. I cannot figure out why it is not getting any fuel. I made sure that propane was actually getting to the solenoid and that checked out fine. I then took the plunger out of the solenoid temporarily to let the gas pass through freely. Still no fuel is getting to the actual carb. Any Ideas what I should try next? Thanks

Welcome to The RV Forum!

The plunger is only a shutoff valve.  The actual fuel delivery happens when the venturi vacuum pulls against the regulator's diaphragm.  The vacuum is lowest when the engine is slowly cranking, so any problems will be magnified then.

A quick way to test for fuel delivery is to squirt a little WD-40 into the air intake while the engine is cranking.  If it picks up and runs, you've identified a fuel problem.

Insects are attracted to the smell of the mercaptin that gives LP gas it's odor.  Check the regulator's vent hose and make sure it isn't clogged by an insect nest or other debris.  If it is, there won't be any reference pressure on the diaphragm and engine vacuum won't be able to lift it off it's seat to admit fuel.

Back
Top Bottom