Water problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila

we have a 2003 Coachman Catelina 35.5 trailer. a couple of weeks ago the water stopped in the toilet and in the bathroom sink. we do however have water in the shower. can anyone tell me how this can be fixed to have the water back in both again and not only in toilet? we are having to use the shower head to put water in toilet to flush it.
tyvm

Try removing the aerator for the sink. It may be plugged up. Also, there was a member just a couple of days ago had water issues with their toilet. They apparently removed the valve for the toilet and found a screen that was plugged.

ty for your reply

We removed the aerator for the sink and there was nothing there so we put it back on. as for the toilet we didn't remove anything at all. we just found it very strange since we have water in the shower and nothing in the toilet or sink. the hot water will run, but not the cold. the kitchen is just fine.
any other suggestions?

Sounds like it may be a kink in the line or a blockage. If it was me, I would shut off the water to the RV. Then I would open the cold side low point drain. Then disconnect the water line going to the sink. Then using compressed air, I would pressurize the line from the bathroom side and have a second person check the drain to see if you're getting a good flow of air through the drain. Put a sock or some type of nylon mesh over the drain pipe to see if anything comes out.

Likely the feeder line to the sink and toilet are the same, with a tee or Y to deliver water to each of them. Sounds like that feeder line is pinched or blocked somehow. I can't think of anything else that would cause both to stop at the same time, while other faucets continue to work.

However, if they did not stop at the same time, you could have two separate problems, e.g a toilet valve failure (not unusual) and a sink faucet valve problem.

ok will check that out tomorrow while there for the weekend.
thank you very much. Will come back on Tuesday and let you know if we got around to it. So many other jobs to do all the time, but we will get to it at some point cause I am tired of using the shower head LOL
have a great weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom