Firefox on Android phone - text size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
I got Firefox mobile browser on my Android Tracfone which I really like, because I'm able to synch to my newly-created Firefox account and all my bookmarks and search history are retained across all my computers/devices.  However, text from forums (and other webpages) is tiny and impossible to read as-is, and I have to zoom and then side scroll back and forth constantly to read posts.

Tiny browser text on my phone screen may seem obvious, but Chrome for Android did a better job with the forum and other websites.  Somehow it "knew" what I was looking at, and automatically enlarged the text font enough to be readable without me having to change any zoom or scroll options.  Anyone know if Firefox mobile has similar sizing options somewhere?  I couldn't find any display properties but maybe I'm missing something.

Tap the three dots in the upper right of the opening screen or tap your menu button. Select "Settings" and then "Accessibility". There are only two text sizes offered, "Tiny" and "Small", but "Small" may be large enough for you.

Thanks, I did that and the readability is okay... but then it shrinks back to teeny tiny when I click on the text box to type a reply.  I guess I'll switch back to Chrome for web/forum browsing on my phone and just use Firefox when I need my bookmarks.

My only issue is with text size on Firefox... i.e. I don't need an app that enlarges absolutely everything (if that's what you are referring to).  All other functions of the phone & text display are fine, and I can still easily read stuff (in my late 30's age range) without progressive lenses.  At least for a few more years.  ;)  Eye doc is a friend of mine, and said that need usually comes along early/mid 40's.

Even Chrome app only enlarges the posted forum text, and everything else with the page display and formatting stay the same small size.  I'm kinda disappointed Firefox mobile isn't a little more advanced in that regard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom