Grey Water Indicator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rene T said:
I agree as far as the lights. When my lights say full, I still have lots of room fro more fluid. I would guess maybe another 10 gallons. Try filling your gray tank for your shower till then full light goes on. Then using a five gallon bucket with water. keep adding water to the shower until you see the water level in then shower.
You can do the same thing for the other tanks.
So, with one short shower, 1/3 light went on. With 2 more short showers 2/3 light went on, 2 more short showers full light went on. 1 more shower and as happy wanderer says the visual method came into effect.  So Indicators seems to work and with six showers with the"get wet , turn water off, soap up, turn water on, rinse, turn water off fast method,"  filled the tank. Even if two grey water tanks it would be 33 gallons.  6 showers shouldnt fill that?? I would have to drain tank eveRY 3-4 days for 2 people. Is that normal?

kdbgoat said:
My galley gray handle is like Rene's, I had to get on my knees to find it the first couple of times. It's mounted on the main beam of the frame, requiring me to reach way under to operate it. Easy to reach now after the first few times. Also, don't trust those little red lights. Mine are way off. I think my 2/3 rd's lights are a lot closer to 1/2.
I crawled under, I see no other valve. I emptied grey tank and it didnt empty galley, so there has to be one somewhere. Put an email to keystone a few days ago, waiting for reply, slow customer service I guess. Will call in this time.

Forget the shower test because it's completely subjective depending on how long you shower, type of showerhead, etc.  Get a 5 gallon bucket and start filling your grey tank, while having someone else watch for the fill lights to come on.  That way you can have an actual measurement of how much water your tank can hold.

Having said that, if you only run the water when rinsing, I typically use 2-3 gallons per shower.  Also, just because the specs say what your RV should have, doesn't mean it's accurate.  RV manufacturers are known to switch components in the middle of model years or just make mistakes.

Thats interesting. Then 6 or so showers can fill a tank. If tanks is 20 gallons...Well, I figured a way to permenently attach sewer hose to house system9 even though its about 40 feet), so hello regular showers:) Now just pull and empty, I could probably even just leave grey water lever open, but that would be too lazy,,lol..and probably not smart...now I just need to find galley lever to empty. Thanks

I assumed you looked behind the rear drivers side tire. Do you see a hole in the side of the frame. If you do, that's probably where the valve should be.
Can you pull down one corner of the belly so that you can look towards the back of the RV using a flashlight.

What is the model number? I know it's a 2007.

Just a "nota bene"....I lost the handle to my rear grey tank and the mounting nut was VERY loose.  Must be vibration back there.  You may have had all of the valve hardware disappear inside the frame.  If you have two indicators, you have two dump valves. 

I'm just blind. Keystone did write back. You don't even have to crawl underneath. It right in front of the driver side tire very reachable.  Funny how I didnt see it the first ten times..lol..now if I can figure how to make the surround sound work I'm good to go.....

albertm1960 said:
I'm just blind. Keystone did write back. You don't even have to crawl underneath. It right in front of the driver side tire very reachable.  Funny how I didnt see it the first ten times..lol..now if I can figure how to make the surround sound work I'm good to go.....

Awesome. Now I can sleep at night.  :D ;D. Thanks for getting back to us.

Back
Top Bottom