Slick new water gauge, but maybe not for Murican's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

This caught my eye in the latest Motorhome magazine, a new kind of water gauge that reads in water remaining based upon usage. It's called the H2Flow H2F-FM water tank guage

Much like the battery monitors everyone says are better because they measure usage, that's what this does. You enter the starting gallons and through a flow meter it measures usage and calculates water remaining. Aside from knowing precisely how much water you have left, think of the other uses: how much water did that shower take while you were in there singing? How much water for other bathroom duties? How much did you use for doing the dishes?

One thing, apparently this is an Australian company, and the unit reads in liters. I've received no response from them after several email attempts; trying to find out if they'll ship to the US and if there's a version that reads in gallons. I think this could be a very slick add-on for those who boondock. Stated price in the magazine is $129 but stated web price is A$129 so might be closer to US$98 (Either way I think it's a good deal.) If someone else has better luck contacting them I'd love to know about it.

A liter is close enough to a quart for estimating purposes, so you won't go far wrong calling 4 liters "a gallon".

I'm having difficulty imagining that I would need to know whether I have 4 gallons left or 5. If you haven't been conserving all along, it's too late to start then!  Could be useful as a learning tool, though, especially for those with wasteful water tablets. Place the monitor display right over the sink or in the shower!

The gauges can be changed to gallons by:-
To change from litres to gallons or gallons to litres:
Disconnect the power (or batteries)
Press and hold the ?PROG? button while reconnecting the power.
Release the button when you hear the long beep.  The display will be switched (from litres to gal, or gal to litres)
Wait until the screen turns off and the unit will memorize the setting.

My thought is wouldn't you be best leaving it on litres?  This way you will know that your shower used say 7 litres instead of 1 or 2 gallons.  In the end it is just a number and it would be easier to see where the water is going if the numbers are changing more often.  Once you know your average daily usage you could then see exactly how many days you have left.

oldsalt said:
My thought is wouldn't you be best leaving it on litres?  This way you will know that your shower used say 7 litres instead of 1 or 2 gallons.  In the end it is just a number and it would be easier to see where the water is going if the numbers are changing more often.  Once you know your average daily usage you could then see exactly how many days you have left.

As I've thought about it I have to agree. Shame they have not responded to several contacts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom