Lance Squire 3000: Water not pumping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesertMax

Picked up this 1996 Lance and still checking out the systems.  Water tank has been empty but I just filled
it yesterday and when I call or water hot or cold, nothing..  just dead!  The paddle switch for the pump
switches on and the red light goes on but then goes back off again..  Is that red light supposed to stay on
in order to indicate pump is ready to use or is that only for hot water?

Update: Just checking it out again and the water heater fired up and looks & sounds great.
I know the water heater tank has to be full for safe operation so leaving it burning while
really not knowing if there is water in there is making me nervous...  turned it off again pretty quickly.
I checked all the valves in the bathroom under sink crawl space and they are all open. 
While the heater was operating there was a kind of slight gasp that came out of the faucet but still no pump?
Fuses all look good and can't imagine why one would blow..  this is not a clunker, this camper is clean and nice.. 
here's a shot of the pump area..

Water heater is new and seller told
me they had never used it and I have the reciept and you can see it is sparkling new back there..
I am bummed..  any help appreciated..

Attachments

• Under the Sink shot.jpg
    Under the Sink shot.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 8
To make sure that the tank is full, go outside and open up the access door to the water heater. Up at the top right hand corner there is a valve with a lever on it. Operate the lever so that it's straight up and down. You should get a lot of water out of that relief valve if you are hooked up to shore power or using the onboard water pump.
On my n5vr, when I put the switch on for the pump, the light stays on all the time.

Thanks for the response.  I actually did that and just a little air burp so there is no water in the tank
as per no water pumping..  I was correct not to run it that way or things would start to melt..

Here  are some shots showing the WH..  You can see that even the exterior of the WH Bay Door
is bright white and new as well as the mech inside..  Pretty sure everything is good..  Just something
I am doing wrong.. (or maybe a fuse)

Attachments

• Water Heater 001.jpg
    Water Heater 001.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Water Heater 002.jpg
    Water Heater 002.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Water Heater 003.jpg
    Water Heater 003.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 3
Can you hook it up to shore power to fill the water heater tank and test your entire system for no leaks?

Rene, I did that as soon as I found the problem this morning..
On shore power I did not detect any changes in anything...
It did exactly the same thing..  no pump activating and of course
then no water flow.. 
You mention "to fill the tank??"  is there a way to manually fill the WH tank I don't know about or???
It was working when I bought it.. seller demonstrated..???
Stumped!

A couple of questions"
When hooked up to shore power, do you have water flowing, at all the faucets including the shower?
When hooked up to shore power, do you get water out of that valve (pressure/temperature relief valve) on the front of the water heater?
Are your bypass valves positioned correctly?
Can you contact the seller as a last resort to go over the system again with you?

No you cannot fill the water heater tank manually. It is fed by the water system.

I AM A VERY BIG DUMB-ASS!  THOUGHT WATER HEATER SWITCH WAS THE ONLY SWITCH!  FOUND "WATER PUMP" SWITCH ON TANK MONITOR!  DOH!

All is good and thanks for all your help..  got to start sleeping at night...  so sorry for this..

No reason to be sorry. Most of us have done something similar, and those that haven't, will before it's over with. Just glad you got it going.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom